Chapter 5

I felt as if I was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. The boys were back to work, so that meant things were full steam ahead for me after only a short break. It wasn’t the same tasks I had for their tour. Appearances and photo shoots were far more hectic. Never knowing what to expect or what kind of crowd the boys would draw. 

Tonight they had a Sony event where Simon was presenting them with their plaque showing all of the countries they’d sold over a million records in. It was a big night for the boys which meant it was a big night for me. I had errands to run, suits to keep track of, cars to hire, security to take care of and much more. I had to be a million things at once….in heels. Since it was a red carpet event, I had to be dressed to the nines. I kept it simple, in a black dress and red heels. My hair in loose curls.

The boys were all getting ready at a hotel in London together so that they were easier to wrangle. Already we’d had Louis’ pants split up the back which I had to sew. Liam had lost his phone in the car that brought us here and Harry had misplaced his bow tie. 

I raced down the hotel hallway after digging through every bag we had to find Harry’s bow tie. We were already running late. I knocked on Niall’s door and handed him the pair of socks he’d forgotten to pack before rushing to Harry’s room. Instead of knocking, I used my master key and slipped inside. I groaned and kicked my heels off for a second, the arches of my feet already sore. 

“Bow tie!” I yelled into the suite. Harry came out of the bathroom tucking his white dress shirt into his grey suit pants. He only had the bottom three buttons done and I rolled my eyes at him. “Really, Styles?”

He looked up from under his hair at me, his green eyes sparkling. “What?” 

I walked up to him and started fastening the remaining buttons on his shirt. “Don’t walk around like that. It’s not nice.” 

His hands were on my hips, pulling me closer to him as I finished his buttons and tucked his shirt in at the back, letting my hands take their time across his ass. He tucked his nose in the hair by my ear and smirked against my cheek. 

“So sorry.”

“You should be,” I teased, sliding my hands around his waist and up his chest. I looked up into his eyes as he smiled down at me and felt that familiar warmth spread through me that seemed to come with being around him these days. 

“You look amazing,” he said, curling his finger under my chin and touching his thumb to my lips. I kissed his fingertip and rubbed my cheek against his palm when he slid it into my hair. 

“You look better naked,” I shrugged. He smiled wider and placed his forehead to mine, touching his nose to mine. 

“Oh yea?”

“Ooohooo yea.” 

“Now I know why you keep me around.” He was almost smiling against my lips and I was fluttering with my want to kiss him. 

“That and the paycheck.” 

He laughed and the sound went straight through me. What was happening between us now couldn’t be stopped, but I wasn’t even really trying to anymore. Ever since that night in my house, three weeks earlier, I’d wanted him around constantly. Sleep overs were becoming a regular occurrence. We’d hang out without sleeping together, that’s how I knew things were really changing. 

The sex before was hot and dirty and wrong. It melted my bones and completely consumed me. Now it was sexy and we connected to each other like never before. We knew each other’s bodies without question now. He knew what I wanted before I’d ask.