Chapter One

"Maddie! Kenzie! Wake up, or you're gonna be late for dance!" Called my mom from downstairs. I groaned and pulled off my blanket. Every week we went to dance, working our butts off for Ms. Abby. And in return, she screamed at us like a chimpanzee. I walked to my closet and pulled on a red sports bra, a pair of black booty shorts, and a pair of black converses. On top of my sports bra I wore my navy blue hoodie. I braided my hair, then wrapped it into a braided bun. I dabbed on my favorite peach lipstick.
My door swung open and my little sister Mackenzie stood at the doorway. She was wearing the same exact thing, minus the hoodie and hair. Together we ran downstairs and grabbed breakfast. Our mom had laid out oatmeal, granola bars, and milk. "Thanks Ma!" I yelled. We hopped into the car and drove to the ALDC.

"Hey Ms. Abby!" Kenzie yelled as we opened the doors. "Girls, meet me in the den so we can discuss pyramid." Ms. Abby replied coldly. "Not even a hello today? Next thing you know..." My mom trailed off. We giggled and ran inside. Nia, Chloe, and Kendall were in the dorm. Chloe was helping Nia stretch and Kendall was applying thick eyeliner and heavy red lipstick. "Wow Kendall. How many sticks does it take to coat your upper lip?" Kenzie laughed along with the rest of the kids, except Kendall, who rolled her eyes. "The camera pick its favorites." She stated. Ever since Kendall turned twelve, she's been trying to improve her image. From the girl who wore glasses and sweats, was now wearing bikini tops on a regular basis. Kenzie took her seat next to Kendall, her role model, while I chatted with Nia, Chloe, and Paige, who had just walked in.

Me:👩🏻
Paige:👧🏼
Nia:👩🏾
Chloe:👩🏼

👩🏾: So, did you hear what Brooke's been doing?
👧🏼: Yeah, my sister has been doing bikini shoots all summer, just so she can easily get a date to the school dance.
👩🏻: No way! Are you serious?
👩🏼: Yeah, it's disgusting. How does your mom feel about this Paige?
👧🏼: She doesn't know yet. Right now she just thinks Brooke has been going to the mall and making large purchases. But Brooke is going to kill her paper shredder if she gets anymore bikini pictures.
👩🏾: oh, here comes Ms. Abby.

Ms. Abby walked up to the pyramid and slapped it with her pointer. I had given her the pointer for her birthday, but she claims that she bought it. "Okay brats, let's see how you suckers did." Ms. Abby snarled. Ever since she went on that dating website and got rejected, she's been a real grouch. "On the bottom of the pyramid, what a surprise, Kendall. You've been too busy with your makeup. Last week, you were so obsessed with your lipstick, you missed half of our dance. I think the judges noticed that you came in 30 seconds late." Kendall gasped. "I promise I'll do better next time, Ms. Abby." Ms. Abby laughed. "Yep. Next time with your new trainer. I'm sick of you. Your out. And let the door hit you on the way out." Kendall ran out of the room, gasping for air and crying. Jill walked up to Abby and smacked her in the mouth. "Next on the pyramid, Chloe. Your back wasn't straight and you tripped. You know what I say take it or leave it." Ms. Abby sighed. "Next on the pyramid, Mackenzie your solo scored fourth place, and that sucks. Keep it up and you'll end up just like Kendall. Next, Paige. You were horrible. Do it again, your gone! Second on the pyramid, Nia. You got second place on your solo Starlight. Keep up the good work and we'll call you Maddie. And on the top of the pyramid, Maddie. You scored first in your solo."