Ch-3 The Puppeteer

The roar of the engine beneath me was a comforting hum as we sped down the highway

The roar of the engine beneath me was a comforting hum as we sped down the highway. The wind whipped through my hair, and for a moment, I felt free from the burdens of the corporate world. But even amidst this freedom, my thoughts kept drifting to Hyunjin, riding just beside me. He handled his bike with a grace and confidence that was impossible to ignore, each movement fluid and effortless.

Hyunjin cut a striking figure in his biker gear-black leather jacket adorned with silver zippers, matching pants, and boots that gleamed in the sunlight. His long, raven-black hair flowed freely behind him, a dark cascade that contrasted sharply with the sleek lines of his helmet. Every time I glanced at him, the sight made my heart skip a beat.

The sun dipped low in the sky, casting a warm, golden glow on his face whenever he lifted his visor. I found myself stealing glances at him, admiring the way the light played off his sharp features. There was something magnetic about Hyunjin, a pull I couldn't resist. It wasn't just his looks; it was the way he carried himself, the passion he poured into everything he did. My heart raced with a mixture of admiration and something deeper, something I was still trying to understand.

As we approached a series of winding roads and tunnels, Hyunjin glanced over at me, a mischievous grin spreading across his face. "Race you through the tunnels?" he shouted over the roar of the engines.

I nodded, the thrill of competition surging through me. With a burst of speed, we launched into a race, the roar of our bikes echoing off the tunnel walls. Hyunjin's skill was on full display as he expertly navigated the curves, his movements fluid and precise. I pushed myself to keep up, my heart pounding with adrenaline.

The tunnels enveloped us in darkness, the only light coming from the beams of our headlights slicing through the gloom. The sound of our engines reverberated off the walls, a thunderous symphony of power and speed. Hyunjin took the lead, his bike weaving through the turns with an almost supernatural ease. I gritted my teeth, determined to stay on his tail.

Emerging from the final tunnel, the sky was ablaze with the colors of sunset. We slowed down, the rush of the race leaving us breathless and exhilarated. I pulled up alongside Hyunjin, my admiration for him growing with each passing moment.

"You're incredible, you know that?" I said, unable to keep the admiration out of my voice.

Hyunjin laughed, the sound warm and infectious. "Takes one to know one, Minho."

We continued our journey, the landscape changing as the city gave way to the serene beauty of the countryside. We were nearing Ganghwa Island when we spotted a group of bikers at a roadside rest stop. Among them was a striking woman with dark hair and a confident smile. Hyunjin's eyes lit up with interest, and I felt a pang of jealousy twist in my gut.

We pulled over, and Hyunjin greeted the group warmly, his charm on full display. The woman, who introduced herself as Yuna, seemed immediately taken with him. They fell into easy conversation, their laughter mingling with the sound of the ocean. I watched them, my blood boiling with irrational frustration. Hyunjin's effortless charm and they fell into easy conversation, their laughter mingling with the sound of the ocean. I watched them, my blood boiling with irrational frustration. Hyunjin's effortless charm and Yuna's flirtatious smiles stoked the embers of jealousy within me.