*25*

*Chris' POV*

Marlhy called me out of the bedroom where I was visiting Dan. I walked into the main room and stopped in front of her, waiting to hear what she had to say.

"Chris, you won't believe this." she started. "Phil is going to craft a potion to turn Dan into a fairy."

She was right - I couldn't believe it. "Like, an F-A-I fairy? Or an F-A-E faerie?"

"A good fairy, F-A-I. He's got a good point, though. Fairies don't need to eat or drink, and they can't be injured except their wings. Feeding Dan the potion would give him a sort of rebirth and his wounds would be healed properly, his hunger would be relieved, and his thirst would be quenched." she explained.

"That's awesome!" 

"Yeah, it really is. Plus, Dan wouldn't be able to die of natural cau- oh, shit."

"What?"

Marlhy looked worried. "Fairy Dan can't die of age, but Phil can. Phil could also die of sickness or hunger or injury. What would Dan do if Phil died?"

That realization hit me and I sank to the floor, thinking. "Couldn't we just make two doses of the potion and give both of them one?"

"Chris, no, that's too dangerous," she said, wide-eyed.

"Why?" I asked, frustrated.

"Oh, um, well. I'd rather you find out when Phil does."

I saw no point in arguing with her, so I nodded and retreated to Dan's room, where he was surprisingly awake and energetic.

"Chris, I feel great! Did Marlhy heal me all the way?" he asked.

"No, Dan, those are the effects of the pain killing spell. You're still injured and you need to stay in bed." I sighed.

"Damn it." he pouted. "Where's Phil?"

"He's - um - well - out."

"Um - well - out. I see." Dan joked.

"I don't actually know where he is, so you can get off my case, Danny boy." I retorted.

Marlhy crept into the room, expecting to see Dan asleep, I guessed. She was shocked to see how awake he was. "Oh, Dan, dear, if you're going to sit up like that, I need to get some sort of bandage to hold you together." She looked strained as she conjured some sort of dressing. The product was a long string of grass and leaves bound tightly together, probably magically connected so they wouldn't separate or tear. Marlhy knelt in front of Dan and wrapped the bandage around Dan's chest tightly, then maneuvered it around his broken arm so the appendage was bound to his body. She strained again to fuse the ends together, and then stepped back to admire her work.

"That won't do as a healing device, but it'll help keep you stable for now." She smiled at him before leaving the room.

*Dan's POV*

So - Phil was gone somewhere, and I had new bandages. 

I didn't know where Phil would even go, as he didn't know his way around the woods very well at all. Marlhy left too fast for me to ask, so I disregarded it.

"Gotta go, mate. Get well." Chris said before retreating to the main room with Marlhy.

I sighed and laid back, staring at the wooden ceiling. There was literally nothing for me to do since I couldn't even stand up. I could if I wanted to, but Marlhy would probably kill me and I might hurt myself further, so I didn't dare.

As I pondered over what to do, my eyelids grew heavier and heavier. I had been so tired lately and I didn't know why. Giving in, I dozed for a while.

***

I awoke to a buzzing outside my window.

Bee?

No, it's too loud for that.

The only thing I figured it could be was a bee, and since I had exhausted my list of possibilities, I could only wonder what it was.

Then, a red orb floated into my room.

I immediately sat up, knowing who it was.

PJ.

I opened my mouth to call for someone - Chris, Marlhy, Phil - but he quickly transformed into his human form and slapped a hand over my mouth.

"So," he started, grinning devilishly, "you thought moving bases would keep me away?"

I wasn't even aware we had moved, but before I could explain, he grabbed me by my good arm and stood me up. My knees hadn't been used in so long they buckled under the sudden weight and the only thing holding me up was Peej.

Just then, Phil burst in. "Dan, guess what I- HOLY SHIT!"

Not finding my voice, I just looked at him in horror, begging for help with my eyes. Before Phil could do anything, though, PJ waved his free hand and Phil froze. Literally. He couldn't move at all.

"What a pretty boyfriend you have there, Dan. Not as pretty as you, though." he chuckled before kissing me, making sure we were in plain view of Phil. I tried pulling away but I couldn't. His spell was still on me, making sure I did what he wanted.

After a few seconds he broke away and threw me down on the floor, gaining a crack from my broken arm and a scream in pain. He then strolled over to Phil and looked into his eyes. "I changed my mind. You're prettier."

He then kissed Phil. I looked on in disgust and anger as he took Phil - my Phil - and tried to convince him he loved him more than I did.

After he was finished, he strolled back over to the window and started to climb out. Before he did, though, he turned back and waved his hand again, causing Phil to fall to the ground as well. Then, PJ took off out of the window.