ONE.

Note: rereaders, do NOT spoil. Writing may be slightly off due to the fact that this was written 1 years ago.

Three hundred thousand.

That's how much debt Y/n is in now, considering his current status. It had been a fit of desperation when he had foolishly joined a idol survival show in hopes of earning some money and debuting, but..

Eliminated in the very final round.

Was it his lack of talent? Was his visuals not appealing enough? Was his personality simply not attractive? Y/n didn't want the fame; he wanted the paycheck. He wanted a chance. And it was taken away from him due to his own inferior skills.

Due to his own self.

And, ironically, had led to this situation.

"Please," The once proud and respected figure of the entertainment company was now bowing his head, "they are a promising group. You may bear hard feelings because of the elimination, but—"

"No," Y/n interrupted, "I'm just confused. What—why does this have to do with anything? What does this entail? I think you have to elaborate."

Embarrassingly, there had been a glimmer of hope. Perhaps he would be allowed to debut. Perhaps there simply had been an error when counting the votes. Perhaps he had a chance.

But of course, all of Y/n's wishes had been cruelly shattered. The CEO didn't want to see him because he found him worthy; he was begging. He was begging with all his might; for Y/n to return, but not as an idol. But as a manager.

The CEO, as Y/n got to know as Damian, cleared his throat.

"The new group—" He started awkwardly, "Paradise, is a very promising group. I'm sure—"

"Yes, I know Paradise," Y/n muttered under his breath, "of course I do. I fucking went for the survival show."

A bead of sweat rolled down Damian's neck.

"Of course. Paradise—well, it has huge potential. Potential to become the next IT group. They have the talents, they have the spirit, the looks.."

Everything I didn't have, Y/n thought with surging bitterness, what even is the point is this? To rub salt in my wound?

"But they refuse. They won't start any preparations unless you come with them. It seems to me they are very good friends with you; Y/n—they are very attached—you were sweet and kind to them during their rookie days, so.."

What?

What was this guy spewing about now?

"I don't get it," Y/n said, perplexed, "what do you mean by them refusing? They can't possibly be..."

"They are," Damian said in desperation, "none of them will budge a single bit, unless you become their manager. Unless you handle them. The offer's good, the payment's great, so if you want to..especially considering your family situation.."

Fuck you.

"No," Y/n hissed, "so what, you're going to use my family against me? As bribery? As a way to babysit them? Yes, I was close to them—but I'm no longer in the survival show. I no longer need to be friends with them."

"No, no, you see—Juwon, in particular, absolutely refuses to do anything. No advertisements, simply nothing."

A smile started to tug on Y/n's lips.

Juwon was someone he had grown close to during his survival days. A talented dancer; and someone bursting with energy, he reminded Y/n of a playful little puppy. To hear him do something so childish was...mirthful, to say the least.