FOUR.

reminder that comments always help!

PAST

A wealthy family, Y/n realized. The gap was huge. The gap was...a chasm, separating the two of them from each other.

"You never told me your parents were rich," Y/n said awkwardly, only now noticing that the weird stares he had received had been because of the social difference between them two: "why did you hide it?"

Juwon looked surprised.

"Rich? Well, I don't know if we would be considered rich..."

Wealthy to the point he thought it was normalized. What a joke.

"You have a personal driver. Your mother is decked out in luxury brands, your father is the CEO of some major corporation and only now I realize. I must have been an idiot."

Juwon looked uncomfortable. Had he even thought about it before? Does he think everyone else was born with a silver spoon? How wrong. Y/n's parents...he didn't exactly know what happened to them. Dead, he presumed. He was being raised by a grandmother suffering from chronic illnesses that might take her life soon; it was inevitable he would be jealous.

"I never gave it much thought," Juwon said softly, "I know some things are different—well, between our situations. But...same dream, right?"

Y/n stared at his face, biting his lip.

Same dream, different starting point.

Maybe that was it.

The blatant favoritism Juwon seemed to receive, despite Y/n literally tearing his throat out trying to sing; the roles he was given in performances...Y/n would never amount to him, would he?

Technically, this was his friend.

They now knew each other for about two months; and were considered to be quite close.

"Same dream." Y/n repeated under his breath, "but it'll come far, far easier to you."

PRESENT

Y/n was quickly briefed on his position, and he found, to his relief, he wouldn't really see the members much anyways.

He hadn't seen anyone except for Jun and Juwon in the dorms yet: he heard from the assistant managers that the other members were either staying overseas shooting for promotions, or living in hotels while waiting for their debut. The only reason why Juwon and Jun managed to pay their dorm a visit was because their activities were close to the building itself.

Y/n had watched them practice dancing with an intention to cheer them on, but it had slowly ebbed away to silence. He couldn't deny they were better than him: and that they were certainly a talented bunch. Their moves seemed to be exceedingly synchronized, and they displayed some sort of raw chemistry that seemed to be authentic—but now Y/n knew they were simply terrifying actors.

"Have some water," He offered, "you have been practicing hard."

Perhaps Juwon had noticed his slight discomfort around loud noises, as the song—their debut song, Still with you, —was at a low volume. At least Y/n was grateful to him for that.

Juwon took that bottle of water, chugging it down. As he capped it, he gave a small smile to Y/n.

"How was it?"

Y/n blinked.

"How was what?"

"The dancing."

Oh.