♫𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝♫

I had to walk home from school! It was terrible! i almost ruined my heels.
when i got home i made sure i was quiet when I walked in because daddy's office is right in the foyer so he can definitely see me if he looks up from his paperwork. and if he sees my car isn't here i'll be in big trouble!

I gently closed the door and started tiptoeing to the stairs.

"diane?" my dad asks.

I silently curse to myself as i take a few steps back so im in view of the office.
"hi daddy!" I say nervously

"you look guilty" he says with his eyes on the newspaper.

"what? no! of course not! i would never be guilty" I say sarcasticly.
"Diane, jet sværger, hvis du gjorde noget ulovligt, vil du være jordet resten af dit liv."
(diane, i swear if you did something illegal your gonna be grounded for the rest of your life.)

"daddy please you know i would never do something like that! your doctor said to not get anxious remember!"
he glared at me, and i quickly went up stairs.

my life could've been over in two seconds but he didn't notice! I immediately went to my telephone to call cher.

"cher?! oh my god! i almost got caught by my dad!"

i can hear her gasp through the phone "actually? what did he say"

"he was so suspicious of me and he was like "Diane, jet sværger, hvis du gjorde noget ulovligt, vil du være jordet resten af dit liv." which basically means i'm not gonna have a social life cause he's gonna ground me for the rest of my life. but then i was like "i would never daddy!" and pulled out his medical records"

"jeez dee! i never thought you would gaslight your dad like that!"

"oh chill out! i just needed to get my way so i don't get in trouble! anyways the tow truck guy said i have to go to.. the DX" i say reading the paper he handed to me

"ooooh, I heard there's two greasers who work there and one of them is really cute"

"yeah, no. i'm gonna be in, then i'm gonna be out. i don't have time to flirt with boys"

"suit yourself. after you get your car do you wanna meet me and marsh at the drive in? we will be with randy and bob, but i want you to come so you can hangout with me and marsh"

"hanging out with bob and randy? i'm gonna have to pass on that cher sorry"

"come on dee please! just think about it all right?"

"fine i'll think about it.. i gotta go bye cher" i say as i hang up the phone.

i read the paper the tow truck operator gave me when he took my car and it said the DX at 5:30. it was 4:30 but i decided to head down now because i seriously need my car.
I had to walk 4 miles into the sketchy part of town, when i say sketchy i mean where the greasers hang.

I walked to the door of the DX and boys who were hanging outside of there cars whistled at me. I rolled my eyes

"get a life" i say as i flip them off and walk inside.

"hi.." i lean in to read the name tag of the lady at front desk.

"Barbara is it? well Barbara.. I NEED MY CAR" i scream at her already furious i had to walk here.