001✧. . .pancakes

·˚ ༘ 💌 CHAPTER 1 ! : ꒱

pancakes

(real life..)

꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱

OLIVIA MAKES HER WAY over to her favorite place to eat, luke's diner. she goes there almost every morning. the grumpy guy who owns it, luke danes, has known her since she was little. it's always fun to go with her mom though, because you can easily see that luke is crushing on her. but her mom is oblivious.

she walks in and sees the man, wearing the same thing he always does, flannel shirt with jeans, and a blue hat that he wears backwards, that her mom gave to him for christmas.

"morning, luke." olivia greets, sitting on a stool at the counter. luke, carrying plates of food nods his head at her. he places them on different tables around the diner.

"hey, kid." he says, walking behind the counter. already knowing what she wants, pours her a cup of coffee and asks caesar to whip up some pancakes for her. "is school done already?" he asks her.

she takes a sip of her coffee and places it back down on the counter and nods her head. "yeah we ended last friday," she tells him, readjusting her body on the stool, "and that means a whole lot of nothing coming up this summer." she says with a smile.

"huh, sounds like fun." he says with a small smile, popping the cash register open and sliding some cash in. a small bell rings, and caesar shouts "order up!" before placing the plate of pancakes on the counter against the wall, and luke transfers it over to olivia.

"are you doing anything this summer?" olivia asks, grabbing a fork and a knife and slicing up the pancakes. she grabs the syrup and pours a little puddle of it on the side of the plate, her tongue slightly sticking out the side of her mouth as she does so. she pokes the food with the fork and dips it in the syrup, before eating it. 

"yeah my nephew's coming down to live with me for awhile," luke replies shrugging his shoulders and scribbling something down on his little notepad before grabbing more plates and placing them on tables.

olivia's eyebrows shoot up to her forehead. since when did luke have a nephew? or a sister for that matter. "a nephew? how old?" she asks, her eyebrows then furrow a little, taking another bite of her delicious pancakes. 

"uh," luke ponders, his eyebrows furrow, "i would say probably around your age," he says, wiping down the counter with a wet rag. "16, 17." he guesses and shrugs his shoulders. 

"hm," olivia hums, nodding her head. she sips her coffee. "when is he coming down?" she asks, suddenly becoming interested in the topic. she finishes up her food and wipes her mouth with a napkin.

"tomorrow afternoon," he answers, slightly smirking at her sudden interest. he throws the rag against the back counter and picks up olivia's dishes, putting them into the sink. olivia nods once again. "y'know it would be great if you could talk to him, maybe give him a tour of the town." luke suggests.

"oh uh.." she hesitates "s-sure," she stutters. "why not? i'll, uh, come by tomorrow." she shrugs. olivia usually hates meeting new people, or talk to them even. but she wants to do luke a favor, he's done so much for her, like he always bought the most cookies when olivia was a girl scout, after her mom had to practically plead him to.