Imprisoned

Chapter 8

Imprisoned

I groan as I wake up, lying on a cold, hard ground. I sit up slowly and grit my teeth at the pain in my arm where I was shot by that dart. I lean against a stone wall and look around my surroundings. I'm in a small stone room surrounded by three stone walls and a bar door. I touch the door to only be burned by it, I pull away and rub my hand as I hiss in pain. "Silver." I growl and try to look out of my cell without touching the bars.

"Maxine?" I here Eric's voice and I look at the cell across from me to see him staring back at me with worry. "Are you okay?" He asks as he sits himself up slightly. "I should be the one asking you that." I say as I notice the blood on his face. He shakes his head but winces when he does letting out a shaky breath.

"Eric where are we?" I ask trying to catch any other scents. "This is where I've been since that Demigod got me." Eric says and I can hear the anger in his voice. "It was on your eighteenth birthday." Eric starts and I shake my head. "You don't have to tell me." I say. "I want to." Eric says looking me in the eyes and I just nod.
"I had just picked up a necklace I had made for you." Eric says as he digs in his pocket pulling out a necklace. Eric slings it through the bars towards my cell. It makes a clicking sound as it hits the bars of my cell. I carefully grab it and pick it up looking at it. On the necklace there was a charm that had a wolf on it. As I look closer at it the wolf's fur on the charm is just like my wolf's.

"It's beautiful." I say and put it on and tuck it in my shirt so the Demigod won't see it. "I was late for your party because I had to pick that up. I was rushing to get back to the pack house and I ran into someone by accident. I made them fall and hurt them self badly so I helped them. Little did I know that it was the Demigod." Eric says looking at the ground for a while before continuing.

"All I remember is being knock out and waking up here with a copy of me staring back." Eric says shaking his head. "He would come back every week and tell me how close he was to getting you." Eric pauses and looks at me sadly. "And when he told me he raped you Maxine, I couldn't help but think it was my fault." Eric says and I frown and shake my head.

"None of this is your fault Eric, none of it." I say sternly. "Well I wouldn't be so sure of that." Someone says in Eric's voice but it wasn't him. I look away from Eric to see the Demigod. The closer he walks to my cell the farther I scoot back until I hit the back wall. "Because if he didn't escape you wouldn't be here right now." The demigod says with a sick grin.

"You were going to come for me anyways." I snap at him as I stare at the ground. "How did you know that?" He asks me and I glance at him. "Eric told me a minute ago." I say calmly so he won't catch my lie. The Demigod just smirks as he unlocks my cell and opens the door, walking in. I shrink into the corner as if that's going to keep him from getting me.

"Get away from her!" I hear Eric growl so loud that it bounces off the walls. The demigod stops walking towards me and turns around. I look over at Eric's cell to see him standing with his eyes black. "And what are going to do?" The Demigod asks with a smirk. Eric's clothes suddenly shred and he shifts into his wolf. Eric goes all the way to the end of his cell before charging at the door, hitting it making some of the bars snap. He does it again and the whole door snaps and crumbles to the ground.

The demigod chuckles and shifts into a replica of Eric's wolf. The two wolves charge at each other biting and growling. I stare at my now open cell and I stand up quickly. I quickly strip out of my clothes and shift into my white and black wolf. I growl loudly causing both of the wolves to stop. I look back and forth at the two not sure which one is Eric.

I then notice something, the wolf on my right stance is too confident for an injured wolf. I look at the wolf on my left and his eyes are on the other wolf while the others eyes are on me. Every werewolf knows in a fight you don't take your eyes off of your enemy. I walk to my left and growl at the demigod. Eric takes a quick glance at me before charging at the other wolf. I quickly follow his lead and attack the demigod. The demigod may be powerful but not up against two werewolves who have Alpha blood in them.

Soon his body collapses onto the ground, limp. I listen carefully and hear no heartbeat. My wolf sighs and looks at Eric who is already looking at us. We did it, the demigod is dead but that hasn't solved all our problems. We have to find our way home and the longer I am away from Dustin the weaker I get.

Dustin Pov.

I pace back and forth as I pull on my hair. I haven't heard from her and I have no idea where she is! "We have to find her!" My wolf yells at me and I grit me teeth. "What do you think I'm trying to do?!" I yell out loud and I punch a hole in the wall. I pant as I try to calm myself down and I suddenly feel tears prick my eyes. I don't even care I let out a loud sob as I collapse onto the floor. "Alpha?" I hear Sam whimper but I don't look at him.

I let out another sob as I hear his footsteps coming towards me. "I'm a terrible mate." I say to no one in particular. "Alpha you're an amazing mate and Maxine knows that. This isn't your fault and we will find her." Sam says laying a hand on my shoulder. I just stay quiet and stare at the ground as a tear drops off my chin and onto the floor.