Twenty-nine: I never will caught a break will I?

WHY AM I ALWAYS THE VICTIM OF PROPHECIES? WHY MUST THE FATES CHOOSE ME TO TORTURE WITH ENDLESS PROPHECIES?

Artemis assured us that dawn was coming, but you could've fooled me. It was colder and darker and snowier than ever. Yet I knew dawn was approaching, the position of the moon said so. Up on the hill, Westover Hall's windows were completely lightless.

I wondered if the teachers had even noticed the di Angelos and Dr. Thorn were missing yet. I didn't want to be around when they did. With my luck, the only name Mrs. Gottschalk would remember was "Percy Jackson and Astra Romano," and then we'd be the subject of a nationwide manhunt... again.

The Hunters broke camp as quickly as they'd set it up. I stood in the snow, the coldness felt nice against my face and Artemis stared into the east waiting for Apollo. Bianca sat off to one side, talking with Nico. I could tell from his gloomy face that she was explaining her decision to join the Hunt. I couldn't help thinking how selfish it was of her, abandoning her brother like that.

I walked over to them, and I heard Nico mutter. "You just don't want me anymore..."

"No Nico! I do—" I came up, grabbing Nico by the shoulders and steering him away from Bianca, "Come on, Nico."

Bianca's shoulders shrunk, I walked Nico over to a nearby tree. "Nico, stay here. I'll be back okay?"

"Okay."

I walked back over to where Bianca stood, "Bianca, don't tell Nico lies. Even if it's for his sake. He will find out sooner than later that you left him for another family because you didn't want to take care of him anymore."

She whispered, "I'm tired, Astra. I can't keep taking care of him."

"I know Bianca, but that doesn't mean you leave him behind. Bianca, as much as I understand your decision. It was selfish, but you made your choice. So I will take care of Nico." I turned to walk away but stopped. I turned back around to face her, "it was nice seeing you again." She nodded her head, "you too." She left to go stand with the rest of the Hunters, I left and went over to Nico.

I wrapped my arm around him and pulled him closer to me. "It's nice to see you again." Nico wrapped his arm around my waist, "it's nice to see you as well." I'd say Nico was about 5'2, I'm not that much taller than him. I'm 5'7, so five inches. He was shivering so I pulled away and leaned down to open my backpack. I searched through it, hitting the bottom and feeling for the blanket I had. It was a small throw blanket but it was extremely fluffy, and fluff meant warmth.

I wrapped it around Nico and he held it close to his body, I closed the backpack and put it on my back. Nico leaned on me and I wrapped my arm around his shoulder again.

I'm not sure why Nico felt so I don't know... safe, with me. I didn't mind it though.

I watched as Thalia and Grover came up and huddled around Percy. Most likely anxious to hear what had happened in his audience with the goddess.