1.0

"Mom, I'm going to die."

I hate that place, I haven't even been there once and I already hate it. I don't see why my mom is so insistent in me going, I feel insulted by the fact that she thinks I need it.

"Nova calm down, It's just birth control." My mother argued back annoyed, she was probably dying to get there, where as I, was dying to just turn around and go home.

"Mom." I whined in emmbarassment, turning slightly in my seat in order to face her."I don't plan on.....baby making... anytime soon. Just please take me home."

I was hoping that I would convince her, even though deep down I knew that no matter what, I wouldn't be able to. And I was right because without so much as a glance at me, she stares straight ahead.

"Let's hope you don't"

------
My butt was numb.

You know that feeling you get when you sit down for so long you feel you legs turning numb as they lose the blood flow and you feel like your ass has gone flat?

Yeah, I had that feeling. Also I was very uncomfortable. I mean , if a handsome (and might I add, older) green-eyed man was sitting in front of you in a gynecologist office, you'd feel weird. Especially if he were looking at you like you were a piece of meat. I had gotten plenty of those looks from other men before and this time made it no different.
What was he doing here anyway? Probably waiting for his girlfriend or something. Whatever reason, I didn't appreciate the way he kept glancing at me ever so often.

When the door opened a few minutes later, and the doctor poked his head out, I was more than ready to abandon my mom out here and walk into the open door.

"Nova Wren?"

My heart almost did a summersault and I stood up as fast as I could without looking like a freak. The doctor welcomed me with a warm smile. "At least she has a vagina too." I think as I return the kind gesture. How awkward it would have been if it was a male. I would have had to face two awkward encounters with men today if he was a male.

Before I got to the door, like the curious little bįtch I am, I snuck a curious look at the green eyed man, but I quickly walked through the threshold, the relief I had felt because of the fact that my doctor was a woman, was now replaced by dread of coming out again.

He winked at me and strangely, I had felt the need to wink back.