11. Movie Date & Hushed Breaths

"Nunew, are you done? Why is it taking you so much time to pee?"

A familiar voice called as I shouted back

"Coming"

I ran towards the car parked just a bit far away from me but I could only reach half way before a sudden noise echoed as the car in front of me exploded

The impact of the bomb was enough to push me far away in the jungle, making my head hit a tree

"Ma, pa, mom"

I murmured as tears fell from my eyes before my vision completely darkened

I sat up on the bed, cold sweat pouring down from my head as I tried to calm my breathing

"What's wrong baby?"

He sat up, hugging me closer like he does every night I get dreams about memories of our past.

Since we started dating a month ago, I have been getting more memories back. It's like my brain finally recognized him & started to remind me of everything. The doctors also said it's a good sign.

It has been 4 years since I lost my memory so not recovering it was concerning me but now I can finally rest assured.

Even though the memories that came back weren't tragic but more of how our relationship grew, I would still feel a bit vulnerable sometimes & everytime I would feel like that he would hold me like this, murmuring sweet words to me.

"I- I dreamt of the day of the accident"

I whispered as he hugged me tighter

"That's ok. You can tell me about it when you are feeling well"

He murmured, kissing my forehead

"I want to tell you now. Just give me some time"

He nodded as we stayed hugging each other till I finally felt ready & explained everything

"But how did you end up on the hospital?"

He asked, trying to put two & two together

"I was sent to the hospital by someone who came rushing when they heard the sound of the explosion"

"Do you know who that person is?"

I nodded

"I met him once. He was a passerby who lived really far from the place of the accident. He actually didn't return to the place of the accident after bringing me to the hospital so he couldn't give me any information about my family"

"That's probably why no one could give any information about you when the police investigated. If only we checked on the hospitals nearby, I would have found you earlier"

He spoke, yet again blaming himself for everything

"It's not your fault Zee. You guys were already saddened by the death of our parents & also had to take care of everything. It's not unusual for something like that to slip away from your mind"

I assured as he nodded

"I know that. But how did it slip from the police's mind? Why do you think they didn't do the investigation properly?"

He asked, hinting something as I looked at him in realization

"The officer in charge of the case betrayed us. The next person we should look for is her"

I whispered as he nodded

"The officer was someone dad & I trusted. It seems like not only the mastermind but everyone behind it are people he trusted. They took advantage of dad's trust towards them when he was the most vulnerable"