35-38

35

Winter break quickly went by. I still wasn't talking to my dad, but on Christmas, Luka and his fiance Jamie came over to mom's house and, after opening gifts, we drove to dad's.

My uncle answered the door.

Neither of us talking to our dad since June was not okay. But since Luka had an excuse of being two hours and way and working, he acted like they were best friends.

I, however, was awkwardly sitting there for two hours, no joke, and my dad didn't even look at me once.

Luka also broke the news to dad that Jamie was pregnant.

On the way outside, I tried telling dad why I didn't call. I was busy and besides mom wouldn't let me drive up the fifteen minutes to stay the weekend with her van. He just yelled and said it was my fault and it started because I went on vacation.

I cried on the way home.

***

36

I found out Chase had a brother who was a sophomore. His name's John. I also looked through my sophomore yearbook during my boring break and found out that John looked a lot like Chase did when Chase was a sophomore. John is gonna be hot once he hits puberty. Right now, he sounded like a high pitched version of Chase.

I worked on my sociology interview project for the rest of break. I asked my aunt ten questions about dating and love, then answered them myself.

I learned from the project that my aunt didn't date anyone in highschool, like me, but once she got to college she had many boyfriends. A lot were less than a semester long!

I really hoped that I don't end up like that in college.

***

37

Luna texted me the night before school started asking if I was ready to face Chase. She reminded me that he had three weeks now to think about it and shouldn't be avoiding me.

I prayed she was right about that.

"Maybe he'll go back to staring at me during lunch" I wrote.

She wrote back, "lol".

***

38

Yep, he stared at me during lunch. We were back to normal. He didn't ignore me the whole week. I continued to wear leggings with cute tops. New year, new me!

I also got an A on my interview project.

It was a good week.