1.02 The Wolf Boy's Identity

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!" - Peter Pan

1.02 The Wolf Boy's Identity

Wren jumped on her couch and grabbed the TV remote. She clicked the on button and the TV screened the third Harry Potter movie. Wren sighed as she realized it was close to the ending. It had been the scene where Lupin was revealed as a werewolf. This got Wren thinking of the fateful night a month ago where the full moon lit up the dark sky. Her mom and dad were out for dinner and she promised to wash the dishes for five dollars. Wren knew that five dollars wasn't much but she had nothing else better to do. She was blasting Fall Out Boy through the whole house. Wren wore yellow gloves and bubbles in her hair. She was also singing and dancing as she washed the dishes. It was all going well. When she was finally done, she took off the gloves and dried her hair. She went to the sink to stop the water. Wren stopped it and then looked up at the window above the sink. That is when she had eye to eye contact to the golden, yellow eyes. She gasped as she noticed the fangs coming out of his mouth. Wren looked down to find only abs, no lining of shorts to be found. Thank god, her window ended at his waist. She leaned closer to the window. He ran away, into the darkness. Wren quickly ran over to her phone. She typed in his cell phone number Wren laid the phone against her ear.

"Come on, Liam!" She screamed

After trying four more times and yelling at her iPhone 5, she decided to give up and call Mason.

"Mason!" She screamed after the phone beeped.

"Oh my god! What is it? You interrupted of me searching of pictures of Channing Tatum!" He answered.

"Nice to see you too," she rolled her eyes and spoke into the phone, "Anyway, you got to hear what I just saw."

"Nothing can top seeing Channing Tatum with his shirt off," Mason said as he drooled over the actor.

Wren yelled, "Dude I saw a werewolf!"

"What?" His sweet, calm voice changed.

She nodded and started pacing across the kitchen, "Yeah he had everything!"

"You sure you aren't messing me about the bear thing?" He groaned.

Wren shook her head, "No! I'm serious!"

"Did you call Liam?" Mason asked.

She responded, "Yeah like four times, he wouldn't pick up."

"You called Liam first before you called me," he scoffed, "I'm offended."

Wren groaned, "Mason! That doesn't matter, I saw a freaking werewolf like a real life one!"

"Yeah you have made it clear that it is real," Mason answered, "Do you want me to come over and comfort you?"

Wren ruffled her hair as she answered, "No. No. I'm fine. Go back to glazing over your future husband."

"Well hopefully the wolf boy won't come back and bite you," Mason smiled and signed off, "Bye."

Her light voice replied, "Bye."

She knew he was trying to make a joke but that night of the full moon, she stood up, trying to be safe and not have the monster come for her

☁︎

Wren woke up to the sound of her ringtone of R2-D2. She didn't even know that she fell asleep. Wren looked at the caller. It was Mason. She tapped accept and leaned the phone against her ear.

"Hi Mason," she answered.

Mason's voice asked through the phone, "Hi Wren, do you know where Liam is? He was supposed to meet me at the school gym."

"Sorry, haven't seen him since school this morning," Wren responded, "Were you guys going to plan to kill someone?"

Mason said, "We were going to work out."

"Hey how about I work out with you?" Wren thought of a plan and told Mason.

"You?" Mason chuckled.

Wren rolled her eyes, "Yeah me, come on, I don't want you to miss your work out because Liam is late."

"You don't even have a car," Mason questioned the plan.

Wren sighed, "Yeah sadly I don't. But I have a skateboard. I'll see you down there."

The brunette rode through the darkness with a helmet and a skateboard. Once she got to the school, her and Mason worked out together. It was fun. They talked for a little. But she also got time to think. Why was Liam late? It felt like he wasn't telling them anything. His best friends. About two hours later, they walked out of the gym to find Liam.

"Sorry I'm late," he apologized.

"Oh you aren't late," Mason sighed, "You missed it. I worked out for two hours. I even had to call Wren here."

Wren rolled her eyes, "Great. I'm your backup."

"I know I forgot," Liam responded with the worst answer he could've given.

Liam bit his lip, "And I'm going to tell you why."

"Finally! Spill the juicy secrets, Ponyboy," Wren smirked.

Liam took a deep breath, "Actually I'm going to tell you both a lot of hard things, really hard un believe things."

"What the hell?" Wren mumbled under her breath, noticed a dark figure behind them, standing on four legs.

Mason nodded.

"Guys sorry to interrupt the heartfelt moment but there is a wolf," Wren said.

Liam answered, "I'm getting to that."

Mason finally saw what Wren saw, "No Liam there is a wolf right behind you."

Liam turned and found the deep blue eyes staring at the trio.

"That's a wolf," he said before all three of them dashed into the school.

The double doors opened as they ran into the hallways and the wolf chased after them. They turned the corner, Mason leading. Liam stopped his tracks as Wren slid and fell down. Running wasn't really her strongest thing about her. She learned that last year in Gym. The wolf was coming right for her. Liam turned his head and faced the wolf. A loud growl went through the hallways, causing Wren to clutch hers. But it didn't come from the wolf. She looked off the ground to find Liam standing with his hands out and claws coming out of his fingers. The wolf had stopped and ran the other way, out of the school. Liam slowly turned around to face Wren on the ground, in shock. His face was back to normal. Mason walked down the stairs slowly.

"There is something I have to tell you guys," Liam breathed out.

Wren breathed with him as Mason smiled with pride, "You're a werewolf."