⁰⁶, ᵗʰᵉ ᵛᵒⁱᶜᵉ ⁱⁿ ʰᵉʳ ʰᵉᵃᵈ

I'm talking to Emmette, Landon and Newt in the gardens when my head starts to feel woozy. "Hey..you okay..?" Emmette asks stepping towards me. I nod smiling so he doesn't worry. 

"I'm okay don't worry." He nods then goes back to talking to Newt as the continue to garden. 

'Esmerelda..' A strange voice calls in my mind. 

'Who are you..?' I ask. No answer. 

'Hello? Answer me, who are you?' After a couple minutes I get a reply. 

'I'm someone who can help you..' 'Where are you?' Silence. 

'You'll see soon.' What the fuck is that suppose to mean. 

'What does that mean?' I ask. 

'You'll see soon my child.. get the Gladers out of the Maze..' Out of the Maze? That's impossible... the me and Runners have been mapping it for three years and haven't found a way out.. 

'How?' 

'You'll see in due time.' I start wondering what she could possibly mean.. 

'You're a runner... lead... find the way out my dear child.' The woman's voice says. 

'What? What the hell is that suppose to mean?' I ask confused. 

'In due time my child. But for now remember...W.C.K.D is good.'

My eyes jolt open and I look around and see I'm in the Med-jacks hut on one of the beds. Surrounded by Thomas, Gally, Emmette, Minho, Newt and Landon. "Esmerelda you're awake!" I feel someone squeeze my hand and I look to see Emmette by my side. 

"Mmm hi..." I say groggily. I look at Emmette. 

"What happened?" "I don't know..." He answers and I look at Newt for answers. I try sitting up but I sit up too quickly and my head starts to hurt. 

"Ow." I hold my head and rub it a bit. 

"Careful you've been out for a couple hours" I lay back against my pillow. 

"What do you mean a couple hours?" I ask him, surprised. 

"When we were talking in the gardens you just fainted." Newt explains. 

"I had to carry you back here." I smile at Landon. 

"Thank you." He smiles. I smile back then look at everyone standing around me like I'm on my death bed. 

"Can you all go.. It's not like I'm dying here." I say to the others. 

"You heard the woman everyone out!" Landon ushers everyone out and then turns back to me. 

"You going to be alright on your own Es?" He ask mildly concerned. I nod smiling. 

"I'll be fine sunshine. But I mean if YOU want to you can stay here until I fall asleep." He just smirks then sits in the chair Emmette was sitting in before. He stays with me for a couple hours until I hear him leave after I pass out. I slowly go back into my dreams...

'Esmerelda....' The woman pauses for a moment. 

'You and Thomas have an excellent connection.' I sigh. 

'We just met..' 'You two have a connection. That no other Subjects have with each other...' I frown. 

'Subjects?' 

'Yes you're Subject A13.. he is Subject A2..' She trails off again. 

'I know it seems like he is a traitor to you and your peers but you two must stick together..' She says seriously.