𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ─ 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐊𝐄𝐘𝐒

[ four, keeper of keys ]

[That stormy night, a tall house, on a rock island somewhere out at sea. The Dursleys, including Aemma have moved there, due to the chaos with the letters. The family is sleeping, with Aemma on the cold, dirt floor and Dudley sleeping on a sofa. Aemma has drawn a birthday cake which reads, Happy Birthday Aemma. Aemma looks at Dudley's watch, which beeps 12:00.]

Aemma: [to herself] Make a wish, Aemma. [she blows the "candles" on the drawn birthday cake]

A look of pure devastation flashed across Rhaenyra's face as she stared at the memory before her. A gasping breath escaped her lips as tears threatened to spill out of the corner of her eyes.

It was heartbreaking to see her daughter resort to such means to celebrate such an important day as if it was the most normal thing she'd ever done, all alone in the dark, on the cold, hard ground. "We'll make up for all of this," She said firmly to those surrounding her. "We'll organise family dinners like we used to, shower them with gifts, and do so for every name day we've missed."

Rhaenys, just as stricken with sadness due to what she'd witnessed, smiled at the anguished mother, nodding her head in agreement. What made all of this worse for Rhaenys was that she deemed herself just as guilty as Aemma's new family ━ for the longest time; she'd given in to her own pride, thus, having missed out on every name-day celebration ever since her grandchildren were born ( She knew she had a lot to make up for, and, if given a chance, she had every intention to ).

"Oh, you poor girl," Alicent whispered sadly, unwilling to draw attention to herself. Her motherly heart hurt for the little girl who didn't have anyone who truly cared about her and her happiness. Her lips pursed into a disdainful grimace as she continued out loud. "Your cousin's behaviour is truly shameful; he should have been the one to take the floor like any true gentleman."

Aemma shrugged nonchalantly. "He was only mimicking his parents' behaviour," She explained, looking meaningfully at the woman who lowered her head in shame. "Besides, it wasn't a big deal, really." She inwardly bristled at all the pitiful stares earned by her answer.

[Suddenly, the door thumps, in sync with the thunder flashing. Aemma jumps. The door thumps again and Dudley and Aemma jump up and back away. Aemma hides behind a wall, and Dudley cowers on a windowsill. Petunia and Vernon appear, with Vernon holding a double barrel gun.]

Corlys scrunched his brows, eying the weapon wielded by Vernon in interest. He'd seen a lot of weird things throughout his travels, yet he'd never come across anything that looked remotely similar. "What's the object in Aemma's uncle's hands?" He asked.