38

Missy

"Paper plates....." I searched the shelves for Dixie brand paper plates. "Shit." I whispered to myself, I didn't need anyone thinking I was crazy in this grocery store. Since everyone was feeling good, including myself and now that August and his mother have fixed their issues, we decided to have a small family get together, a barbecue. I was sent to the grocery store with a list of things we needed. I'd gotten everything except the final item, which was the paper plates. They were on the very top shelf, beyond my reach.

"Here you go, beautiful." I heard a familiar voice stand over me as they brought the paper plates down to me. I turned around and see none other than, "Jared! How are you?" I smiled. "I'm good. I've been trying to fill you in on, or as you say, serve the tea. You haven't been answering though. What's up? You good?" He questioned in his always upbeat tone.

"I'm perfectly fine, Jared. Life has been hectic, though. You already know that part, so I took some time out and numbed myself from the world. It was like I had a ton of bricks pulled off of my body, but I'm good now." I nodded to show him that I was for real about what I was saying. "So you and August.... Y'all are okay, right?" He asked. "Yeah, we're good." I giggled as he let out a breath of relief. "Good, because you two were driving me insane." He chuckled. "Oh yeah, and I'm sorry about the..."

He caught the drift and fanned it off. "It's cool. Oh yeah and now I can fill you in. I've been seeing someone for a little now. I was trying to tell you, and there's something else too." I can only assume that this girl was great to him, by the way his eyes lit up from whatever he was about to tell me. We were interrupted by the voice of a woman coming down the aisle. She was calling out for someone. I turned to see that it was Lisa and my stomach turned a little. After the situation with her trying to get August, everyone left it alone. August and I decided it was best for us to go on and focus on our babies since they were way  more important than some looney ass woman. My babies came early because of her, but they're okay and that's all that matters.

"Right here, babe." I scrunched up my face in confusion as to why Jared would be calling her 'babe', but I'm not stupid so it was obvious that she was the woman he was telling me about. "Oh, found you." She giggled. They seemed like they were really happy with each other. I'm glad Jared is happy, but Lisa? Fuck that bitch. "Missy, this is -" I cut him off before he could finish. "No, I know exactly who she is." I spoke, while keeping my eyes fixed on her. "So Jared, this is your new boo huh?" I asked. "Yep." He said in an awkward tone. I figure he didn't know what was going on. If he did, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be with this devil of a woman. He's too nice to stand the things she's done.

"Hi, Missy. Long time, no see." She spoke in a cheery tone that caught me by surprise. Bitch, you drugged my husband and locked him in your house and now you want to be buddy buddy. "Watch your mouth when you speak to me, crazy broad." I told her. I gave her a once over and noticed that her small slim hips were wider and her flat stomach turned into a nice sized gut. This bitch was pregnant. "How far along are you?" I asked with a devilish smile on my face.

Her face dropped as if she didn't expect anyone to find out, but I've been pregnant twice so it was pretty easy to figure out. "Oh umm.. I'm eight weeks in." My babies are eight weeks, meaning she got pregnant around the time I had the kids. "Well, congratulations to you both. I gotta get going." I smiled and walked off to check out and leave.

Once I got home, everyone was in the kitchen chatting it up. I was beyond pissed. I never wanted to see that bitch again and now she's dating my close friend. I called for August and told him to meet me in the guest room that I was staying in. "What's happenin', kid?" He smiled. "August, did you have sex with Lisa when you were in her house?" I asked, getting straight to the point. His smile morphed into a frown. "Man, no. Why would I smash that crazy braud?" He questioned. "She's eight weeks pregnant. Eight weeks ago we had the twins. Eight weeks ago, you were at her house. You said she was talking about being pregnant by you. I'm not trying to blame you, but I just need to know."