Part One: Wrapped Around That Little Claw

*Just a little something that came to mind while I was watching the movie. I have loved Chris Pratt and am thrilled at how popular he has become in the acting world! Please forgive any mistakes, between typing on an ipad and just general not caring when I am writing there may be a few mistakes. Thanks for your understanding and enjoy the read!*

Edited 07/10/17

Shouldering her backpack the young woman tried to get it in a more comfortable position as she walked down the long white halls with the fake light she hated so much. Slowing down when a glass panel presented itself she checked a few hatcheries, some labs, people hurrying about in those dreadful white lab coats. Frowning she looked forward and set her expression to one of determination, forcing her way through her doubts as she pushed on. Opening a door near the end of the hall there was a large meeting room. The room was white as were the tables and chairs, the only thing that stood out were the people scattered around the room either looking over paperwork or talking to one another in slightly hushed tones. Upon entering the room a man with a medium complexion looked puzzled then smiled and clapped.

"Miss Forray, I presume?" Before she could even answer he was before her, shaking her hand with well manicured ones. "It is in honor to have you at my park, I do hope you consider my request." He said and used the handshake to pull her more towards the table.

"Mr. Misrani, let the girl breath." A woman said good naturedly, moving over to offer her hand as well. "Claire, I am head supervisor of the park. This is doctor Henry Wu and a few of his interns, they are the ones who are making the dinosaurs." She explained with a pleasant all business smile, her clothing fresh pressed and hair perfect.

"It's a pleasure Clair, Dr. Wu." Emmaline said and shook both of their hands with a friendly enough smile. "Now, Mr. Misrani, if I may be blunt?"

The man sat back in his chair with a smile of an excited child, not a man well into his forties. But money would do that to an adult, make them spoiled if not a bit disconnected with the world. Em was still unsure how she would get along with him going forward. If there was a forward that was. "Please, do. I appreciate honesty." He gestured and Em nodded.

"Why am I here?" Setting her backpack down on a chair meant for her instead she preferred to stand at all times.

"You see, Ms. Forray," He gestured to her with a thousand dollar smile. "we have been looking for some of the best trainers in the world. We studied up on you and read all the papers you have done about the hierarchy of animal packs, such as wolves and lions." Claire took the chair next to the owner while typing away on a little tablet. 

"We have watched the documentaries about how you can get so close to these dangerous animals, these wild animals, and tame them. With someone like you on staff we could train these animals to do amazing things, our guests would go crazy over something like this." Claire explained matter-of-factly like it was all typed and she rehearsed it. Turning her little tablet around sure enough there was Em, smiling and waving at the camera with a pack of lions behind her, one female under her hand like a large house cat. 

Em frowned at them and shook her head. "Not to be rude, Claire, but tigers and raptors are completely different species. I have a degree in animal science, animal biology, zoology, among a few minors, but this is a species that no one has worked with." Crossing her arms Em swiped the tablet and scrolled down. "You can't honestly expect me to walk into the cage and they bow to me." Ignoring the look Claire gave her for swiping the electronic device she stopped at a quote that was bolded and held it out for the other two to read. 'WILD ANIMALS WILL ALWAYS BE WILD, YOU JUST HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT WILD.' Raising her eyebrows as they read, she wasn't going to even comment on the 'tame' remark the redhead had made. Animals couldn't be tamed. They could be put into order, a social status in the pack, but never tamed. She wouldn't turn her back on any of the animals she worked with, unless there was that complete trust. Rare. Hard to find.  

"We did not have the raptors in mind for you." Misrani said as Claire reclaimed her tablet with a mildly sour look, closing out of the article. "They have already imprinted on another human." Dr. Wu explained as he too stepped up. "We have something very different for you to help train."

The woman looked at each person in turn and slowly pursed her lips. "Continue..."" Her mama had always said curiosity would be her down fall. She was probably right. But how often did someone get the chance to work with real dinosaurs?

Misrani smiled at that and the lights slowly dimmed. A projector showed a dinosaur on the screen, a few tabs on the side with their vitals inside the egg and the genetic make up of them. Claire kept her eyes on Em as she slowly moved towards the screen. Almost in a trance Em reached up and caressed the imagery, watching the heart beat play across the back of her hand. "Are these... Baryonyx?" She asked and turned to the crazy dinosaur people. Dr Wu nodded.

"And they are going to hatch any day now. We need your answer." He said and crossed his arms. Everyone seemed to hold their breath as she turned back to the screen.

"Count me in."

One week later she shot up in bed, the alarm on her phone blaring loudly on the nightstand. No, not the alarm. A phone call. She answered, the sassy Australian Shepard Minnie yawning and stretching, throwing the woman a look for disturbing her well earned rest. As Emmaline answered, voice thick with sleep, the dog slid off the bed and she heard her nails clip away to the living room to settle on the overstuffed couch there. "Yes?" She asked, suppressing a yawn.

"Ms. Forray we need you at the lab now! They are hatching!" Came the exited voice of Dr. Wu. In a flash the woman had jumped out of bed, throwing the phone haphazardly somewhere as she scrambled to grab a hair tie and rush from the small home. Minnie didn't even bat an eye as the woman hopped by on one foot, pulling on her western style boots. Snatching her keys off the table she jumped into the jeep that the park had shipped in for her, peeling away from the cabin like house near the shoreline where they had stationed her. It was a rather comfortable set up, they left her alone and shipped in anything she needed. It was close to the pen where she would be keeping her beauties as well.

Roaring through the not yet open park the woman threw the jeep into park and jumped out, running into the compound. Sprinting through the white hallways with the glass walls looking in she knew which one she was going to. The one she had left not even five hours ago. She had been coming in daily to talk to the eggs, touch them so they smelled like her, speaking in hushed tones so they knew her when they came. Sliding past the door the woman scrambled like a crazy person and threw the door open. All the scientists were crowded around the large heating bay. She wedged her way through and fell to her knees, her rose gold hair fell around her in waves as she felt emotions bubble up in her throat. She had only been here a week but the connection...

A crack reverberated and she turned to tell the scientists to hush or bugger off. They all seemed to hold their breath as a tiny arm broke through the spiderweb of cracks. It began to claw at the shell still blocking it's eyes and the egg began rocking. The one to the left was rocking slightly and fell. Immediately she reached out and righted it, setting the egg down like it was a great treasure. A small nose poked out and then pulled back to continue to rock the egg. The third egg spiderwebbed like someone had punched it. With bated breath the team watched all three little Baryonyx clawed their way out of shells. She preened like a mother would do, she did her researched, and cleaned the all with damp rags. Pulled each one up she did it one at a time to rest them in the crook of her neck or to rub her inner wrist on them. This made them smell her, recognize her as mother and alpha. The fourth egg remained motionless and two scientists came forward, a younger hispanic girl and middle aged white man, checking the egg. After a moment they took it away and Em felt her heart pinch a moment.

Until a little chirping sounded. Looking down one with a beautiful teal around it's eye the woman lifted the dinosaur up to her cheek. It nuzzled and let out another little chirping noise before falling asleep in her hands. Hook, line, and sinker.