Part Four: Am I Surrounded By Idiots?

.::. Sorry for any errors, my key board was being stupid so I just kind of beat it until the O and shift button worked again :D Enjoy! Also, I am not following exact plot because I need Em to fit in a little bit better but I have a smooth flowing time line plotted so not to worry!! .::.

Emmaline kept her back to him to hide her blush and instead let out a laugh. And even though she had laughed she was on the back of his motorcycle not even ten minutes later riding down the dirt roads between the Baryonyx enclosure to the Raptors. She felt almost sixteen again when her parents had told her Jones Barret was bad news and had forbidden her from dating him. She had snuck out of her house and jumped on the back of his bike. Holding onto Owen she could honestly say this was a lot better. He was muscular her forearms pressed against the rock hard abs under his thin shirt, and he smelled like dust, sandal wood, and sweat. Em found that oddly appealing and didn't have time to wonder why as Owen raced around a corner. Her laugh made him smile back at her, twisting the accelerator to go even faster. After ten minutes, even though it felt much less, they slowed and rolled into the small grassy space near the paddock for the raptors where an ATV and a few trucks sat as well.

Em hopped off and smiled so wide her face hurt. Owen cut the bikes power and it became quiet, the wind blowing through the trees and the in-distinctive sound of men talking was all she heard. "You know, most girls don't like going that fast."

"Most girls wouldn't want to see raptors." She countered.

His smile was easy and so attractive she felt her tummy do a little flip flop. Turning away to hide the light pink rushing up her face she inspected the raptor cage. It was different then hers. Hers was a large cement and steel enclosure leading out into the main dinosaur grounds through a series of doors that would have to be unlocked. She hadn't opened them because her Barys were still so young she didn't want them near anything that could hurt them. There had been a shack attached to the paddock where a small computer, fridge, sink, and bathroom was. The raptors was made of the same material but in the front there was a large metal cage almost like an attachment. The paddock led into this cage and there were four harness openings. Curious Em walked up to the cage and saw that the main paddock opened to this little cage. Wrapping her fingers around the bars she peered in and didn't see any movement in the thick underbrush. Looking back she saw Owen had followed and was standing just a little ways back from her, eyes slightly narrowed as he peered into the shrubbery as well.

"Well, come meet my kids." She followed him up a metal staircase and boots made a loud noise. Coming up to the walkways that criss-crossed the top of the paddock Em was busy peering down and hoping to catch a raptor that she didn't notice a large older man on the walkway as well. Owen's smile fell immediately and he crossed his arms. "The hell you want?"

Em jumped slightly and looked at Owen, concerned he was talking to her, until she saw the other man. She recognized him immediately. Pushing past the dreamy raptor alpha she stormed up to him with a glare upon her own face. "Hoskins, you douche. You couldn't have any Baryonyx so now you want Raptors? You are a sick and twisted man, I'll give you that."

"I would have preferred a Bary from you, but I'll take what I can get." He smiled like she had been joking and he shrugged. Owen stepped forward and grabbed Em's shoulder, pulling her back as he slid past her to face off to Hoskins.

"For the final time you won't be getting the raptors. Leave." He said, jaw set and shoulders tensed. So he had dealt this this slime ball before as well. Em frowned at the prospect of military trained raptors. The idea alone sounded horrifying. The woman watched a Hoskins tried to play off Owen's serious expression and patted the other man on the shoulder with a chuckle.