CHAPTER 44 - Drama Ensues

A man with tan skin and casual attire stood there holding two presents. He had a faint smile and chuckled nervously, saying, "Haha, sorry. Am I at the right place?" He questioned his location as he didn't see anyone in the house or hear any noise from inside. He glanced down at the address written on the gifts, double-checking to make sure he hadn't made a mistake. The house in front of him seemed quiet and deserted, making him wonder if he had gotten the wrong address.

Ashlyn's green eyes looked down at the gifts the man was holding, then back at him, curious about who he could be.

"If I'm not mistaken, is this where Lily's birthday party is being held?"

Ashlyn was briefly surprised when he mentioned that, but she quickly calmed down. "Ah yes, you're in the right place," Ashlyn confirmed, wondering who he might be. "Is he one of the twins' parents, or the guest Y/N mentioned?"

At that moment, D/N was seen walking towards the porch with two elders by his side. He approached the porch holding a pan covered in foil, wearing a smile on his face. "Hello, you must be Ashlyn, one of Y/N's friends. It's a pleasure to meet you," he said warmly.

"Oh, this must be Y/N's dad." Realizing that he was Y/N's dad, Ashlyn then looked at the elders, understanding they were the guests Y/N had mentioned. As she processed this, a car pulled up behind Ashlyn's parents' jeep. She observed with curiosity as Y/N's parents also noticed the new arrival. The first person to step out of the car was Tyler, his usual serious expression intact as he opened the driver's side door for a tan-skinned woman. Tyler then handed his mom the foil pan before the woman headed towards the house, where others had already gathered. Meanwhile, the twins retrieved items from the back seat.

"Hello." She greeted with a smile, her head slightly tilted as the wind made her flower earrings swirl. In her hands, she held something wrapped in foil.

"Oh, excuse me." Siena, the mother of D/N, apologized and stepped aside to let the woman pass.

"It's alright."

"Mom!" Tyler shouted, holding a covered bowl as he and his sister approached the porch with presents. "Why'd you go off without us?"

The redhead watched as they walked up the porch steps and thought to herself, "So that's their mom?"

"Oh, sorry dear... I thought you were behind me."

"I was helping Taylor grab the food and presents."

"Ah, excuse me, miss. Hello, I'm Drake, and this is D/N," he said, placing a hand lovingly on his shoulder as Drake turned his attention to the family with a smile. "Nice to meet you. And what are your names?"

"Pleasure to meet you, Drake. I'm Mariana," she replied with a kind smile. "And those are my kids, Tyler and Taylor."

"Hi!"

"Hello."

Drake glanced at them and noticed the resemblance. "Twins," he mumbled with a smile.

"I'm Siena," chimed in D/N's mother, "and this is my husband, Fred." Siena's words caused Mariana to return her smile.

"How... lovely."

"Hey, Ashlyn!" Taylor greeted with an excited smile.

"So, are you gonna let us in or what?" Tyler asked with a bored expression.