15

(2 days later - at the nursery)

the next few days were very chilled out for autumn. both her and winter just needed a few days to recover mentally. after that, they had to return to the nursery. winter was going to find it hard, with him working in the rooms. but autumn didnt feel that seeing children would make her upset in any way. she knew that everywhere she went, there would be child. so, that was not going to be the thing that made all those emotions come back.

"get into the car, my love. we are going to be late for work." winter said.

"im coming darling." autumn replied.

as much as winter wanted to go back to work, he dreaded all of the questions. not by the staff, they all knew and were so sympathetic. some of them have even been through miscarriage themselves. however, the parents were a different story.

winter always said that being a nursery nurse would be the best career, if parents were not involved. they were all ignorant, self-centred, gossiping arse-holes. he could only name one parent who was actually decent. one rumour amongst the staff would spread like wildfire through the parent whatsapp group. since it had been made aware autumn was pregnant, that was the hot topic amongst them. this meant that winter was going to be bombarded with questions about autumns 'pregnancy'. questions that could not be answered, anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------

much to winters surprise, the car journey was full of conversation. they spoke about everything, from the weather to music. typically, aut hated loud car journeys, because they were distracting. however, today she needed to be distracted from everything. 

in her mind, the worst part of the day would be getting out of the car and into the office. at this point, parents will be in the carpark. autumns worst nightmare, on a good day, but today wasnt a good day. she didnt know whether if a parent said anything she would burst into tears, or knock them out. all she thought about was getting into the office where she would be with marjorie alone.

they both got out of the car, and sighed.

"come on darling." winter held her hand. "trust me today wont be as bad as you think. you have me in the next room, and marjorie here to help."

autumn smiled, kissed winter softly on the cheek and they both walked in. 

to there shock, not one singular parent went up to them. they heard a few whispers, but autumn just stuck up her middle finger, told them to fuck off, and walked away. the old autumn was back, and back with a bang.

"hello autumn, welcome back." agatha greeted her.

"hello." autumn replied.

"i know this is not what you want to hear, but i do offer my condolences. i understand what you are going through. if anyone says anything to you, im here."

"thank you, agatha." autumn walked into the office.

in the office was marjorie, as usual she was sat on the phone to reece.

"reece! ive told you to stop making those kind of jokes at work.! dont worry you can have me tonigh- darling ive got to go autumns here. giving me a death stare." marjorie said on the phone.

as much as autumn loved marjorie, and sometimes her brother, she despised how much they spoke dirty at work. it disgusted her that her brother actually would speak like that, even when she was there.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"hello autumn welcome bac-" marjorie got interupted.

"i dont wanna hear it. you and my brother disgust me." autumn said, slightly jokingly.

her and winter never flirted THAT instense in public. not because they didnt love eachother, but because they thought it was cringe. and, in actual fact it brought them closer together as a couple. but, as much as she hated listening to the awful flirting, autumn really did think it was cute. not with her brother of course, but since marjorie had really found true love. even if it was her repulsive brother.

"marjorie. you really need to stop flirting on work time. it is disgusting i think im going to be sick"

marjorie chuckled. the true autumn was back. an autumn who hated open flirting. and a funny, but cheeky, autumn knight.

"welcome back aut."

------------------------------------------------------------

that day was a really slow day. not many parents were complaining and the children were perfectly fine. an almost dream welcome back to work.

for once, marjorie only really spoke if autumn spoke. unless the phone rang of course. and even then, only marjorie answered. even when she was about to leave the room, if the phonr rang marjorie would run straight to it.

"marjorie, thank you."

marjorie turned around to face autumn.

"aye? thank you for what my love.?" marjorie asked.

"thank you for everything today. you have gone out of your way to discreetly help me. any other time, i would have punched you. but today, i really needed that. and i know that you could tell i needed a little nudge to get me back into routine." autumn let out a slight smile.

marjories eyes watered, and she began to blush. out of everyone, she didnt expect autumn to be that nice to her.

"i would do anything for you aut. please know i am always here for you." marjorie smiled.

------------------------------------------------------------

anyone know how i can end the book, please lmk in the comments! also im going on vacation for 10 days so i wont be uploading stories for a while - sorry!

932 words ♡