Nightmare (Fushiguro Megumi)

Fushiguro Megumi + Y/N
Synopsis: Your boyfriend, Megumi, hears you crying due to a nightmare you had and comforts your worries, soothing you back to sleep.

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

You can feel the heaviness in your heart as you sit up in the bed. You want to cry so bad, you want to release all that tension building in your heart. Your mind feels so heavy. Images of dead bodies of all your friends, family, everyone. You're all alone. Worst of all, you see Megumi silent and beautiful as ever laying there, not a noise, or breath. You walk over trying to shake him awake, but he doesn't move. You're basically screaming at this point. Kissing him, promising that you'll do anything, apologising.
He's dead. You're really alone in this world.

You haven't realised how the tears from the eyes are flowing down wetting your pyjama top. Your breathing is heavy and intense. You look next to you noticing how Megumi is laying silently, peacefully. Out of fear you put your hand over his chest to hear his heartbeat, and your finger under his nose to feel his breath.

To say you are relieved is an understatement. Your breaths steady but the tears don't stop. The worry and fear for the future continue the pain you feel. Sometimes you need to cry once in a while to help your body regulate the horrors you witness with Megumi.

Megumi stirs awake, despite how quiet you're trying to be. He glances over at you with hooded eyes, realising you are sitting up in a fetal position, your arms hug your sides tightly, in attempts of soothing yourself. In a split second, Megumi gently sits up too, trying to not startle you too much. You try to face the other way, holding your breath and wiping your eyes. Though the attempt is futile considering your eyes are slightly puffy and red underneath. It's quite obvious you've been crying for a while now.

Megumi understands completely what you're going through and moves his body towards you. His hands slightly touch your curled shoulders attempting to guide you to face him.

You turn around, still sniffling, and stare at him, but your tears start flowing again, just staring at your beautiful boyfriend. He immediately hugs you, rubbing your back, then steadying his hand to gentle pats.

He doesn't need to say many words to help you, you know that and he knows that. He waits till your breathing steadies. You glance at the tears you've stained on his shirt but Megumi couldn't care less. You are his priority now and forever.

"Are you feeling better?" Megumi softly asks.

You nod looking down at the bed sheets, still with your arms wrapped around your knees. You look up at him, slightly admiring how ethereal he looks with his messy black hair and droopy eyes. Just the sight of him, helps ease your intense emotions.

Megumi stays quiet for a while, letting the comfortable silence take over.

"Did you have a bad dream?"

"Mhm"

"Do you wanna tell me what it was about?"

"I guess, it's honestly stupid thinking about it now" You chuckle, but it comes out as dry and hoarse.

Megumi still keeps his eyes soft and serious, urging you to go on.

"You were dead. In my dream."

Your boyfriend sighs a little nodding to your words.

"I just... couldn't handle seeing you... like that"

"Well I'm right here, so that's all you need to worry about, Y/N"

What he said did annoy you a bit, but you know it's all in good faith. You hate how little your boyfriend really cares about his own life sometimes.

"Yeah, but what if you actually died?"

"I won't, at least I'll try not to"

You roll your eyes, realising how puffy they must be considering the slight pain you felt. You get up but Megumi holds onto your wrist. You look down at him, and he tugs you down, using his arms to wrap around your torso.

Things like this made you realise how it can be difficult for him to demonstrate his love through words clearly but his actions didn't disappoint. You lean back into the hug, and use one of your hands to ruffle his messy black hair.

"We should go on a vacation to relax" Megumi suggests.

"Yeah, we should. Maybe somewhere in the countryside"

You rest your head back into the headboard staring at the plain white ceilings which were dark right now. You look over at the clock, surprised that it's 5 am.

"Oh my god, it's so late or early I guess..."

You debate in your head whether to sleep and you decide that it would be the best option and then you will wake up in an hours time. Megumi's eyes were already blinking shut so you let him sleep. His arm draped over your body pulling your back against his chest. You can feel his warm breaths against your neck while you intertwine your arm with his.

You're really glad you have him. Right here, safe in your bed.

★・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・★

Author's Note

Writing Megumi was kind of hard, but I think he'd be such a cutie with his gf! Nightmares are so shit, I once had one and like cried so much... :( But looking back I'm like ur so dumb, u believe that would really happen.