Bonus Scene: Greyson Claiming Natalia

Ignite [Chapter 45]

Where Greyson Claims Natalia

NATALIA

         "What do you think it is?" I asked Abigale who sat beside me, laser-focused on the ancient books in her hand. I peered over at the book she was reading, trying to make sense of the ancient markings she was looking at.

"Can't be sure," she mumbled, flipping the page in pure interest. "But whatever it is, the Rogue King left it there for a reason. From what we know, there have been no other markings left on the grounds of the other packs. It makes me question why."

"Well, that's easy. Mount Luna hosts a lot of the history of the pack system and werewolves in general. It's where Lunas are taught to be Lunas."

"Yes, but this means something. I just need to figure out what. Hey, can you grab that book over there? No, not that one, the other... yeah that one."

I walked back to her with the book in hand, studying her as she intensely flipped through the pages before looking over at the first book.

"Yes!"

My brow arched. "What?"

"I knew there was some connection. Okay, you see this symbol right here?" She pointed to the first book, continuing when I gave her a nod. "That's the symbol for the Sun God. We knew that much already from the Helios bracelet that Haden found on the rogues that attacked a few weeks ago."

"Okay..."

"Now, take a look at this symbol," she started, handing the new book over to me. "These are the ones Hunter just sent me from Mount Luna. They're identical except for the placement of the moon. See here," she pointed to the top of the symbol, where the sun seemed to be breaking through the moon.

"It's from the ancient languages, but it definitely is the symbol of the Sun God. I don't know what yet, but it's referring to the sun overpowering the moon. If it means what I think it means, then this is far worse than what we've been preparing for. This isn't just about the Rogue King — all this madness stems from the Sun God. Haden needs to know all this. Here, give him this," she added, drawing a replica of the symbol on a piece of paper and then handing it to me.

I nodded and made my way out the door, the paper crunched in my hand. Whatever this was, I could tell it was only the beginning of chaos. The Rogue King knew no bounds, and I was still devastated that he took Mount Luna.

All these years, we were at war but in the span of one month, he managed to take dozens of packs and burnt them to the ground.

It all needs to end.

I walked through the dimly lit hallway, my eyes looking out the window as the last bit of sunlight disappeared beneath the horizon.

My ears perked up at the sound of chatter coming from the living room and I knew that's where I'd find Haden.

But then my wolf stirred within me.

It's been a long day, I thought, no doubt she would want to stretch her paws and go for a run. Maybe after I tell Haden about this symbol, I'll enjoy the evening breeze through my fur.

I strode past the kitchen and saw the women packing away the last bit of food from the barbecue we had earlier.

"Don't mind her, she's just being... her," I heard Haden say as I neared the living room. Perfect, I didn't have to look for him.