Chapter 20: Plead

Addies POV

The next day came faster than I wanted it to.
I laid in bed staring at the ceiling
ugh
Closing my eyes, I think about the day.
Getting irritated I get up and start cleaning the room up.

"Why the hell couldn't they have chose the afternoon? Nooooooooo, had to go and chose freaking midnight, what is this Cinderella or some shi-"

"You okay?"
I stop what I'm doing and turn around very slowly, I didn't even notice my door was open the entire time!
Kaji stood there with a lollipop in his hand and the wrapper in the other.
My face becomes red from embarrassment.

"Y-yeahhhh..."
I said with a fake smile.

"You got a grudge on Cinderella or something?"
My face went down with a blank expression.

"Huh?"
Was all I could get out.

"Nothing.... by the way.."
He said as he went to go walk away, but stoped and turned his head to the side finishing what he was about to say.
"Nice bra."

My eyes went wide at his comment as I look down to make sure I had a shirt on. Then realized I was holding my red laced bra in my hand the entire time. I felt my face become hot..

bleep bleep, bleep bleep
I look down and see my phone ringing.
I put the bra in the drawer and grab my phone. "Unknown"
'Who is this?'
Was the first thing I asked myself.

"Hello?"

"It's nice to hear your voice."
A deep male voice came from the other side.
My blood left my body.. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak.

"Speechless? I like that."

"W-who is this?"

"You already know. I just called to say... see you at midnight."

The phone went to a dial tone as he had hung up before I had the chance to say anything. Like I would anyway.. I stood there in complete shock, eyes wide open.
I slowly moved the phone down looking at it as if I had heard words from a ghost.

Tears formed in my eyes as I closed them shut.
Visions of my nightmare weeks prior played in my head over and over..

I clenched the phone in my hand, squeezed my eyes, and clenched my teeth together, trying to forget the whole thing.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't terrified...the scenes from the dream, i vividly remembered my friends..beat, my family.. hurt, Kaji..

My eyes fly open wide as a tear runs down I wipe my face
'That won't happen..'
I thought, or more so trying to convince myself.

I walked out to the living room where Kaji was, I stood there watching him with his headphones on, lollipop in his mouth, looking on his phone, and tapping his foot.
I took in the scene of just him..who he is, and I smiled.

In that moment he turned and his eyes go wide before taking his headphones off.
"Did you say something?"
He asked nonchalantly

"We need to go see Ume right away.."

"Let's go."
He never asked too many questions unless he needed to.
We went out the door, heading straight for the school rooftop.

Going through the halls I look at every classroom.. I couldn't imagine Furin being gone.
I turned, seeing the training grounds from the huge windows. I stoped before walking over to the window, putting my hand on the window sill.

As I looked down I saw Suo training with Reia, Yūka talking to Nirei, and Miyoko training with Sakura. Kaji walked over next to me looking down at what I was seeing then looking over at me. I didn't break my glance, even when I knew he was looking at me.
I wondered what he was thinking..
He's still looking at me, is something on my face?..
I then turned to him, his blue eyes looking into mine, why was I just standing here staring at him.. woah..