The Undercover Turnabout, Part 17 (Abbie)

I gasped. What kind of games are the UCA playing?! This is getting out of hand! I hoped desperately that somebody had a little trick up their sleeve....

"L-Lucas!" Ms. Rai shouted from the TV. I gasped. What was that over her shoulder...?

It was a demon.

The demon was black as the night and had a gold key outline on its chest. Weird. The only people who had that kind of demon around them had deeply rooted fear inside of them.... (If you can't tell, I can see demons. That comes in handy, trust me.)

The knife in Ms. Murdayre's fingers glinted in the little light that could be seen on the TV. "You want to play with me, Rinko? Red? If you dare tumble with me, Ms. Rai, as well as your precious Oracle of the Law, will be in more than a little trouble," Ms. Murdayre said with a small smirk. If she were a demon, something tells me that she would have a forked tongue. Forked tongues are the symbol of insanity, after all.

"N-no!"

I turned around to see a black haired man gasping. He ran out of the courtroom suddenly. A demon similar to the one near Ms. Rai was following him.

Weird. Why would that be there?

Did they have the same fear?

//March 18, 2027. Defendant Lobby No. 7, 1:29 PM//

"You guys found her yet?"

"Sorry, Morix. We're still searching the airport for the UCA."

"It's alright. But please, do something soon. Murdayre sprung a knife on her."

"We will get her out of this. She knows who they are now, so we can finally take those guys down."

"Exactly. Thank you for talking to me. I'll stall in court until you find her."

"Welcome. And that's probably a good idea. We'll fly her back as soon as we beat up the UCA."

"Thanks. See you soon."

The black haired man hung up the phone. "Please be okay.... I don't know what I'd do without you."

The demon often linked with fear swirled its way around the man's center. Fear had a tight grip on his actions.

It had been that way ever since this stupid project began.

//March 18, 2027. Courtroom No. 7, 1:29 PM//

"Ms. Murdayre, calm down," Prosecutor Bullgard said cautiously. "We don't want to fight right now."

"Funny," Ms. Murdayre smirked. "All I want to do is fight. And kill."

I looked over her shoulder. Insanity demon. I never would have guessed (sarcasm, if you can't tell).

"If you hurt her, all you'll have is another scar on your record. Another crime that will stack up against you. Another reason for your execution," the black haired man shouted. I guess that he was back. "Don't you get it? If you touch that girl, no mercy will be held against you and your accomplices."

"Why would I want mercy?! I like a challenge! Your little albino friend-Cassidy, was it?-was all too easy to kill. I want a little bit of a challenge for once!" Ms. Murdayre laughed. "Easy kills have never been the UCA's thing!"

Mr. Kyller walked into view of the TV. "Alexandra makes a good point. Killing people is part of our job. And who likes an easy job? I know I don't!" He also pulled out a knife. I don't know about other people, but I do like an easy job for once. It seems like you never get a simple murder though....

Finally, Mr. Ispy appeared on the screen. "It's about time that we ended this girl's life." He held up a third and final blade.

"You could have prevented this, Red. If only you had just kept your trap shut about us committing the crime," Ms. Murdayre said.

Mr. Red smirked. "You just confessed to your crimes."

Ms. Murdayre sighed. "Are you stupid?! We confessed to it all a while ago! Poisoning Cornelia Fey, attempted murder of Yuri Rinko, and the kidnapping of Sakura Rai! Did you have memory loss or something?!"

"Who else would have done it?" Mr. Kyller asked. "Why would anybody else do it?!"

"Stupid man! You thought you could win a year ago! But all that you did was decrease in credibility!" Mr. Ispy shouted.

Mr. Red sighed. "I have grown from UC-1. I have learned a lot, without your help. And now, I'm going to show all that I have developed since that case where you ruined and scarred so many lives."

Ms. Shield closed her eyes and opened them. "L-Lucas! Venus is gone!" she exclaimed.

I stared at the defense bench seriously. I looked over the lawyers' shoulders to see a spirit. For once, the spirit looked rather spirit. "You need to do this on your own, without my help, Lucas," the spirit whispered.

I know I've done this already today, but weird.

"I can do this without her help, Lily. I promise you that I can," Mr. Red said. He then slammed his hands on the desk and finger pointed at the TV. "Alexandra Murayre, Collin Ispy, and Ulysses Kyller! You are going to meet your end today by my hands!"

"What are you talking about?! In case you can't tell, you're at a disadvantage," Mr. Ispy told him.

"I don't think that will last long," Lucas smirked.

"What are you talking about?!" Mr. Kyller roared.

"I know exactly what you're talking about!" the black haired man exclaimed. "Karma, of course."

"Karma?" Ms. Murdayre asked, rolling her eyes. "You idiots. Karma doesn't exist."

"I could beg to differ," Ms. Summers smiled from beside Prosecutor Bullgard.

"If you're trying to stall, it won't work!" Mr. Ispy shouted. "We could easily end a life at any point in time and finish what we started one year ago!"

"I don't think that you'll do that," Ms. Shield smirked.

"And why not?!" Ms. Murdayre exclaimed. "You can't do anything to stop us!"

"Actually, we can do a lot to stop you," Mr. Red said.

"Correction," the black haired man cut in. "We can't do anything."

"But our backup can!" Mr. Red shouted.

"Backup? How could you have backup?" Mr. Kyller asked. "If you don't stop toying with us, I will end this girl's life right now!"

"Interpol! Go!" the black haired man exclaimed, finger pointing at the TV.

---------------------------

I wasn't going to keep typing today, but I got bored.

So take this chapter.

Most of it is procrastination/Ghastlination.

Well, I'm out!

-Digital