Chapter 1: This Can't Be Real..

Great. Maths. Sitting with my head down on my desk, I had to tolerate all of the bitches and douche bags while my teacher was 30 minuets late for class. I've never fit in with any of them. Never have, never will. I have bright red hair, a septum piercing, snake bites and several tattoos. I prefer merch to dresses and skirts. I spend most of my time in band tees and skinny jeans. Vans and converse. I'm just excited to graduate in a few months. Get outa this miserable town and get our band going. So far it's just me and my friend. She plays drums and I play bass and ..the microphone? Okay well I sing. Yeah I know it kinda sucks but we just need a few guitarists and we gotta band! My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the door slam shut and footsteps across the floor. I didn't bother lifting my head. I heard a strangely familiar voice.

"Sorry I'm a bit late." I saw someone walk by. They had on white skinny jeans and old looking converse. This was not my 60 something year old maths teacher. "I'll be filling in for your teacher for a few days. My names Mr. Urie, but you can just call me Brendon. I don't mind." My heart jumped and I lifted my head quickly scooting the desk a little with my body. B-Brendon Urie? I looked up into his bright brown (confused looking) eyes. This was really Brendon Urie. This isn't real. I was breathing heavily trying to remain calm.

"Are you okay?" He looked concerned, sitting in the swivel chair behind the desk.

"I-I'm fine." I sat back in my seat and zipped up my Falling in Reverse hoodie to hide my Panic!At The Disco shirt. I don't want him to think I'm just another obsessive fangirl.

"Okay, there's only 15 minuets left in class so I guess just do whatever. Sick accent by the way." Oh yeah, just another reason I don't fit in. My stupid British accent. Everyone ran to little groups throughout the room to talk very loudly and annoy the shit out of me. I had nothing better to do so I got my sketch pad out of my backpack and worked on my drawing of Gerard Way. I was drawing for about 5 minuets when I heard a voice above me.

"Gerard Way?" Brendon stood above me smiling watching me draw.

"Uh yeah."

"It's amazing.." He looked interested. I looked up slightly and smiled at him.

"Thanks." He grabbed my face with between both hands gently and stared at my nose.

"I've always wanted to do that!" Referring to my septum ring. I laughed and continued drawing.

"Hey Mr. Urie! Whatcha doin over here with emo? Don't you wanna hang out with us?" The bitchiest of the bitches, Miranda, stood beside him with her hand on his shoulder. He flashed her a disgusted look and then looked back at me. When he saw she'd gone back to her little group he pulled up a desk next to me.

"She's just a bitch. Teenagers are like that. I got picked on everyday in high school. Got shoved in lockers, pushed down the stairs, I even broke my arm twice. But just wait, one day they'll be jealous of you. You'll look down at them from the stage and they'll be looking back at you in fear. Nobody wants to come face to face with someone they've been proven wrong by." He held my hand and I looked up at him and smiled. That's the most inspiring thing any ones ever said to me. The bell rang and I stood up, threw my backpack over my shoulder and headed for the door. I almost got out my phone and then remembered that he's my background. Brendon grabbed my shoulders on the way and turned me around.

"Where're you going?"

"Home. Schools over dude." I laughed and turned back around.

"Wait!!" He shouted running after me.

"Yes?"

"C-can I walk you home?"

"Sure" I smiled and he threw his arm over my shoulder. At first I was afraid someone would see us and freak out, but I realized I didn't give a solitary fuck what they thought. Walking down an empty street, Brendon glanced at me.