10

THE CHAMPION10

THE CHAMPION
10

i wake up, feeling like absolute shit, my dad is away modeling for some fancy magazine, and marc is off for the next week because he went on holiday to the netherlands to see his mum and dad. leaving me, bored and home alone for the next two days until my dad arrives back home.

i head downstairs to my kitchen, and make myself a smoothie bowl for breakfast. i decide to facetime lamine to see if he's doing anything today.

i prop my phone up against a salt grinder, pressing the call button. it rings a few times, before he answers it.

"hey lamine," i say to the boy, scooping up some smoothie with a spoon and putting it in my mouth.

"hello bob," he responds, putting on his football boots.

"oh, i didn't realise you had training today," i added.

"i don't, im just going to kick a ball about in my garden for abit."

"what on your day off your doing work."

"yeah, i mean i liked football before it became my job so."

"fair enough, hey, i'm home alone can i come round i'm bored," i ask the boy.

"yeah, sure, as long as you play with me though."

"ok, sure, i'll be round in half an hour ish," i tell him.

we say our goodbyes and i hang up the phone, finishing off my breakfast and heading over to the sink to rinse the bowl and put it in the dishwasher.

i head back upstairs, changing into one of my barcelona jerseys and putting some football boots in a bag. i'm gonna have to take the bus to his house seeing as marc is away, because there is no way i'm walking for like 25 minutes.

i decide to just order a taxi instead, seeing as i'm not a big fan of public transport because it's more chance of the paparazzi finding me.

half an hour later, and i'm outside his house. i let myself in using the key under his doormat, and walk up to his room. unlike usual, his door is shut. i knock on it, no response.

after like a minute or so i just decide to open it because you never know he could be in there dying right now and i'm about to be the knight in shining armour who saves the day and then he loves me so much because of this that we just end up getting married.