Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Ch. 7: Moon Guardians

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was my husband.

My husband. I loved how it sounded in my head and I bet it would be a thousand times better to say it out loud.

He looked so peaceful and vulnerable while he slept, it was strange to witness Almec in such a state, even for me. In a way, it hurt me to know that his usual life brought him stress and pain to the point where I was surprised to find an expression different from his characteristic frown.

I raised my head, resting it on my right hand, and with the left one, I caressed his cheek.

Almec smiled in his dreams as I ran my fingers under his cheekbone. I was ready to do whatever it took to free him from his suffering and protect his smile, even if it meant starting a fight with the Moon Guardians Pack members.

I'm going to make you happy, I promised, watching my wedding ring shine against Almec's skin.

I caressed him one last time before dropping my hand to my side.

"Don't stop now, I was enjoying it," Almec told me, opening one of his eyes.

His hoarse voice sent shivers down my spine, no matter when I heard it it always had the same effect on me.

"I thought you were asleep," I replied, running my hand over his chest. "I didn't want to wake you up, you deserve to rest."

"I got enough rest." Almec put his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him, putting me against his chest. "How can I keep sleeping when I have my beautiful wife next to me?"

"Are you sure you're okay? You can sleep a little longer if you want, I'm not going anywhere."

He started to draw circles on my hip with his fingers and kissed the crown of my head. "I slept better than usual, having you by my side does wonders. I haven't felt this refreshed in weeks. What about you? How are you feeling?"

"I couldn't feel better," I told him before kissing his jaw. "I have to confess that I'm glad I don't have to make any more wedding preparations."

"Well, all your efforts were worth it, the wedding was wonderful. I'm sorry for not helping you more, I promise I'll try to make more time for you."

"You make enough time for me," I told him, resting my head against his neck. "When I agreed to marry you, I already knew I was marrying the alpha. I can't ask you to let go of your responsibilities, but I can help you with them, and maybe that way you can gain more free time."

"You're fucking perfect, you know that?" Almec asked me, before kissing my forehead. "I am the luckiest man in the world. I kinda feel bad for the rest because they will never know what it feels like to have the best mate in the universe."

I laughed and hit him lightly on the chest. "You're exaggerating, you're already starting to sound ridiculous."

"Me? Ridiculous?" He raised his right eyebrow. "I'm just telling the truth about my wife."

"What would the rest of the pack think if I told them how their big bad alpha behaves in private?"

"They'll probably think you're crazy." Almec covered my face with kisses, making me laugh. "But seriously, I couldn't have asked for a better mate."

"I say the same about you," I said, grabbing his hand. "I definitely won the jackpot. I have a wonderful husband and I had a perfect wedding."

"Almost perfect," Almec corrected me. His beautiful smile faded in a second. "It would have been perfect if the Moon Guardians members hadn't shown up. I should have been more careful about security."