Air Crash Investigations - Lessons Unlearned

Title: Aircrash Investigation: Lessons Unlearned

Pairings: Harry/Louis

Rating: PG-13 (for slash themes and language)

Warnings: Death of minor characters. Talk about the effects of a plane crash; content may upset some readers.

Word Count: 7,300

Summary: The Air Crash Investigation series releases a new episode that is very personal to Harry and Louis. The first half reads like a program transcript, the second half is normal storytelling. Er… not so heavily edited so there may be a few more typos than normal.

Disclaimer: This story is complete fiction – i.e. it had never happened. All real people in this story own themselves and I am in no way affiliated with them. Nor do I make any money from writing about them.

Author’s Notes: This story is a small thank you to everyone that has been helping to take down copies of my stories – especially the efforts put in yesterday/last night. Love to you all xx

April 2014, 18:20pm: a Boeing 787 soars through the beautiful twilight sky over Britain. It is heading for StanstedAirport in London. The 787 is the most sophisticated civilian aeroplane in current existence – eclipsing all other aircraft in terms of safety, passenger comfort, fuel consumption and performance. These machines are designed to absolute perfection; with back up systems for back up systems to ensure that if any component stops working the plane will still be able to fly safely to it’s destination. There are over a thousand of these planes in operation, ferrying millions of passengers across the world every week. On this calm and clear spring evening, however, the perfect record of the 787 is about to be perpetually tarnished.

Unknown to the passengers of Flight EJ6258 they are only a few minutes from crash landing at Stansted airport. The impact will cause the plane to burst into flames on the tarmac, killing 126 of the 260 passengers onboard. Determining the cause will leave the public and the aviation authority reeling about the true practices happening behind the scenes of the air industry itself.  

AIR CRASH INVESTIGATION

Narrated by Jonathan Aris

This is a true story. It is based on official reports and eyewitness accounts.

It is 18:22 on the 27 April 2014. Flight EJ6258, Ibiza to London, is on the approach to StanstedAirport and should be landing within the next few minutes. Onboard are 260 passengers including 4 flight crew and two pilots. In the cockpit sit Captain Murray Lawson – a very adept and experienced officer with over 30,000 flight hours – and, beside him, is his slightly younger co-pilot, Ben Wilson, with 20,000 flight hours under his belt. These men are considered two of the best and most experienced pilots in the world – also serving as training officers as well as active civilian aviators.

In the passenger cabin are four seasoned flight attendants – Jennifer Cartland, Megan Townsend, Archer McColl and Nattia Mahil. They had all travelled that particular route from Ibiza to London several times already that day and are looking forward to finishing up for the evening. They can’t rest yet though because, in the cabin, every seat is filled. Due to a previous flight having been cancelled, this plane is picking up the slack of passengers left stranded by the cancellation. It’s only a short flight from Ibiza to London – barely two and a half hours – but the crew have been kept busy looking after their passengers all through the journey.