Chapter 20

Copyright 2013 © Elena Sgro

all rights reserved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was early morning and I couldn't stop beaming as I laid next to Xavier while he slept. My limbs were sore and ached but I didn't mind because of the passion that was held behind it. The mark on my neck had been renewed and sting sweetly as I curled up to Xavier. His arms tightened around me in his sleep and I kissed his pec pulling the blanket closer around us.

Running my hand over his smooth skin where the bullet wound had been. There was something small cursive and black on Xavier chest that was just in my line of sight but I couldn't quiet make it out and I didn't want to move because I didn't want to disturb his sleep so I just let it go and made a mental note to look at it later. The black mark on his chest spiked my suspicion that it would be a tattoo, but I decided I would know for sure later, right now I just wanted to relax in Xavier's arms.

Closing my eyes I snuggled deeper into the warmth of my mate and tried to get back to sleep. I had woken up and now wished for nothing more then to drift off but I guess the amount of happiness I felt wouldn't let me get any rest.

Xavier sweet scent of lynx and spice enticed me and made my gums ache, the need to let my fangs extend made me pull back from Xavier a bit so I could fight of the urge to feed. He sweet scent burning my throat with need, the hunger slowly taking over like a sickness.

I didn't want to feed off Xavier because I didn't want the blood lose to make him weak. He didn't like the idea but I refused to give in to him even when he threatened to cut his neck so I would drink, thankfully I had stopped him from doing anything drastic like that. The sound of Xavier's steady beating heart made things harder.

Taking a deep breath I needed to move otherwise I would give into my cravings and seeing as I hadn't fed in over a week I wasn't sure how bad my need to feed would be.

Kissing Xavier quickly because I felt bad for leaving him, but I wasn't leaving the house I was just going to go into another room and let my cravings for his blood cool.

I got up trying not to disturb him. I watched him as I pulled on my underwear and pulled on Xavier's shirt that reached my mid-thigh, I inhaled his scent all while making sure that he didn't wake, because it would be harder to explain to him why I was leaving the bed.

If Xavier woke up and discovered that I was leaving the bed because if was pushing back my urges to feed, he would get mad and try to force me to feed because he would think it was the best thing for me, but I couldn't feed off him right now I wanted him to be as strong as possible especially after he was shot.

The images of the gaping bullet wound and his blood everywhere haunted me.

Xavier stirred slightly his hands running over the sheets in search of me and my breath caught in my throat.

He was gonna wake, when he didn't find me lying next to him he would wake up and I would have a lot of explaining to do. I froze holding my breath as he shuffled around, and took this as an opportunity to try and see the mark on his chest but the blanket was being a bitch and covered it up so I couldn't get any indication as to what it was. I gave up on trying to look at it and focused back on Xavier. He had settled down and was back to his deep slumber cuddling a pillow thinking it was me. I held back my giggled and slipped out of the bed room heading straight for the kitchen.