P r o l o u g e

The darkness of the early morning filled the silent forest. The snow was starting to finally thaw out, with frosty dew dripping off of leaves. New-Leaf had finally begun.

Smokecloud's massive frame stood up. Clumps of feathers from his nest clung to his pure black pelt. The handsome tom shook his fur once before stepping out of the large cave, which was considered as the Elite Warriors' Den. The black tom was the head of the Elites, and was most likely to become deputy after Wolffang.
Just anticipate Rowanstar's death... The black tom thought to himself.
After a short walk to the Dirtplace, the tom dug a hole into the earth and released the waste from his body. Scraping dirt and leaves over the hole, he sprang out into the forest. Thankfully, it was still dark and gloomy.

As Smokecloud walked until his paws started to slightly ache, a smell filled his nostrils. He set out towards the border, and there, a delightful scent awaited him. It smelled of Cherry Blossoms with a sweeter fragrance added.
"Hello there SilhouetteClan tom..."

A beautiful siamese she-cat greeted him. Smokecloud's pupils widened and he let out a very loud warning hiss at her, since she was currently on SilhouetteClan territory.
"Aww come on... Cut me some slack here."
The Siamese purred, dropping on to her side submissively.

"Get off of SilhouetteClan's territory. "
He spat, fur puffing up to make him look bigger than he already was.

"But it's nice and shadowy on this side and FrostClan has all the sun..."
The she-cat groaned, flopping side to side, and stretching out her body, occasionally lifting her brown tail.
Smokecloud's nostrils twitched as he scented the smell that he was following. It ended up being this she-cat. And she was in heat.

"What's your name? "
The black tom asked in a hostile tone.
"Eveskies," She stood up and pressed her smaller frame to his, making sure her flank pressed against his," Your Smokecloud right? "
Smokecloud's silver gaze fell onto the she-cat next to him. He could admit that she's by far one of the prettiest cats that he had ever seen.
"Yes. "
He slowly sat down, curling his tail to his paws.
"Ive heard rumors...," Eveskies said, circling him with ease, "That your father was a bobcat and your mother was a Clan cat. Is that true? "
Smokecloud nodded, as his memory recalled the time he met his father on no cat's territory.
"Well that explains why you are bigger than all of the Clan cats that Ive seen yet. "
Eveskies fell back onto her side, trying to seduce the tom. He would not fall for any of that.

"I'm sorry Eve. I don't want any kits, furthermore a mate. Your from FrostClan. We are long time enemies. Now get off of this territory before I make you. "
Smokecloud challenged, barring his teeth.

Eveskies slowly got up, tipping her head to the side, not budging.
"Oh? I bet you haven't even made it to the Elite rank. "
Smokecloud's fur rose once more, and his already huge claws slid out.
"Ive long surpassed them all. I am the third in command of the Clan. So I suggest you leave. "

"Well I wont. "
Eveskies said flatly.
Smokecloud snarled, and leapt at her, front legs outstretched. A flash of white replaced the she-cat, and Smokecloud let his fangs sink into the neck of a cat. His claws tore at their underbelly before he felt sticky blood pour out of fresh wounds, leaving clumps of white fur scattered everywhere.
Strange.
They weren't fighting back.

"Icefang!"
Eveskies chirped in delight.

Smokecloud released his grip as his mind recalled that Icefang was FrostClan's deputy.
"Eveskies, go back to camp, NOW. "
Icefang spat, tail lashing back and fourth.
"Nah... I think I'll just sta--"
"That's an order. " Icefang hissed, turning to face the she-cat who was now pelting towards the FrostClan camp.

Icefang's neck was scarlet with fresh blood, and a long gash on his underbelly was dripping with sticky blood.
"Eveskies was trespassing. "
Smokecloud growled, voice filled with annoyance.

"You SilhouetteClan cats go overboard when it comes to attacking... "
Icefang said changing the subject, narrowing his blue eyes.
"Your welcome. "
Smokecloud muttered, sweeping his tail over his paws.
"Now scram. Leave SilhouetteClan territory. "
Smokecloud's fur started to lie flat.

"Wait," Icefang murmured. "Eveskies is mine. Don't ever try and get near her, even if she is in heat. Got that? "

Smokecloud rolled his eyes and growled.
"I never wanted a mate or kits. Keep that in mind frost-brain. "
With a dainty swish of his tail, Icefang crossed the border once more.
"How arrogant... "
Smokecloud thought to himself.
The black tom set off once more, this time he was going back to camp.
Taking long strides whilst running, he soon came to a halt.
A loud mournful caterwaul made his spine fur bristle. The voices of all of his Clan members joined in, except for one. The sky started to darken, letting rain drizzle from above.

From that moment on, Smokecloud knew he had finally surpassed the other Warriors.