Chapter 1

{Hey guys! This is my first attempt at a GaLe fanfiction so please do not judge too harshly and please let me know in the comments if you would like me to continue this!}

-Levy-

"Now remember children. Never go near the Stone Mountains for any reason," a village elder warned a small group of children, the oldest being no more than seven years old.

Levy McGarden, who had moved to this secluded yet peaceful village a mere two weeks ago, rolled her eyes at the older woman. It seems that she would yet again hear another story about the "Monster of the Mountains". However, the short, seventeen year old bookworm believed in none of that stuff. It was simply a scary story that was passed down from generation to generation. It's as simple as that.

"Why can't we?" one of the younger children asked.

The old woman chucked and began her story, a story now engraved into Levy's mind. "Long ago, when my ancestors hunted on this land, an Iron Dragon known as Metalicana stalked this landscape. He was seen as a protector to humans, a dragon who saw us as allies and friends. But one night, a beautiful young woman by the name of Diana Mooncross became lost in the wilderness, nearly eaten by the local wolves. Metalicana saved the young woman and brought her back into his cave dweling. Entranced by the woman's beauty, he transformed into a humanoid version of himself, a tall and cold creature with iron scales for skin. The woman, feeling as though this were the payment she must give him for saving her, allowed the humanoid dragon one night with Diana. However, a child was created from that single night, a child that would become the Monster of The Mountains. The child was born unwanted by anyone, with the exception of his father. He was raised a dragon hatching. One day, several years after the birth of this monster, Metalicana suddenly disappeared forever, leaving the child on his own. Rumors have it that due to the human blood coursing through his veins, the monster offspring is able to possess three forms: dragon, dragon humanoid, and human. But I wouldn't know if these are true or not. Beware of this beast, for his overwhelming grief has transformed him into a ruthless killer. Anyone who had dared to enter his domain never returned, so never leave the safety of the village, young ones."

Levy rolled her eyes at the group. There was absolutely no way that something like that could have happened. She knew that the cave was most likely empty or home to the hibernating animals during the winter. Surely a dragon/human hybrid did not dwell in the shiny, silver colored mountains. This was simply a story that scared the children into staying within the village boundaries, nothing more. And yet something inside of Levy told her that the elder woman was speaking the truth. She nearly cursed at her own mind for betraying her.

'Why would I want to believe in such a childish story? Why do I have this strange feeling?' she wondered to herself.

"Levy!"

The bluenette turned around to see a tall, busty and pregnant blond waddling over towards her. Levy covered her mouth as to not giggle to the soon-to-be first time mother.

During the first week that Levy had moved to the village of Magnolia, she easily became friends with the Captain of The Guard's wife, Lucy Dragneel, due to their shared love of books. From Lucy, she met Gray, Magnolia'a artist(he mainly worked on ice sculptures), and Juvia, the somewhat insane wife of Gray. What shocked her was the fact that they both already had six children together, and they were only nineteen, having been married for two and a half years now. It did settle Levy'a mind, however, when she was told by Lucy that they simply had two sets of triplets.

Levy was even somewhat friends with the village leader's fiancee, Erza Scarlet. It was her who convinced Leader Jellal Fernandes to allow Levy to move here after all. The book lover was excited to attend their wedding next summer.