16

TW - mention of domestic violence

"Marjorie?" Reece called out, setting his keys down on the table.
"Up here darling." Marjorie called from upstairs.

Reece ran up the stairs and found Marjorie in a blazer and dress pants.

"Is there a reason why you are so dressed up?" Reece asked, looking her up and down.
"Well. You were there when your dad mentioned Janice's pay rise." Marjorie said, sternly.
"Right, I know." Reece shook his head. "But why are you in a suit?"
"Roger knew my 'villain era'. He knew what I was capable of. He thinks it's gone completely, but he doesn't know I still have it." Marjorie said, putting her earrings in.
"Let me guess. You're going to interrupt the meeting between him and Janice and give them hell." Reece said.
"Damn straight." Marjorie smiled.

Marjorie walked out of the bathroom, sat on the bed and put on her heels.

"I really do love it when you get angry." Reece winked.
"Oh shut up." Marjorie stood up.

Marjorie gave Reece a kiss and headed downstairs. Reece playfully smacked her ass as she walked downstairs.

"Hands off mister. I've got some business to discuss." Marjorie said, turning around to look at Reece.
"Right. I'm not missing any of this. I'm coming with." Reece smiled.
"You're in for a rude awakening. You have no idea what my villain era was like." Marjorie smirked.
"Anything to see my dad get pissed off. You know I support you in getting this. I'm hoping he even puts you on the board of directors." Reece said, opening the door for Marjorie.
"I wouldn't go that far yet. I've been a manager for almost 16 years now. You would think he would show me some sort of respect." Marjorie scoffed, jumping in the drivers seat.

Reece got in the passenger side and placed his hand on Marjorie's thigh. He had seen her get really angry, but this was different. Marjorie pulled in the parking lot of the new nursery. It was big, and very modern.

"Wow." Marjorie said, unbuckling.
"No kidding." Reece said.

Marjorie and Reece got out of the car and walked up to the nursery. Marjorie led the way, walking fast.

"Is Roger in?" Marjorie asked the receptionist.
"Yeah. Straight back there." The receptionist pointed.
"Thank you darling." Marjorie smiled, and walked down the corridor.

Reece grabbed Marjorie's arm and stopped her before she opened the door. He pecked her lips and smiled.

"Here goes nothing." Marjorie sighed, opening the door.
"Marjorie? What do you want." Roger said, rolling his eyes.
"You know what I want." Marjorie smirked.
"A pay raise? A spot on the board of directors?" Roger rolled his eyes again.

Marjorie walked closer to him, Reece standing still at the door.

"Exactly. I'm not doing this for Reece. I love that man, with my whole being. This is about the treatment. I've been a manager for 15 years. I worked in the rooms for 5 years before that. You know me. You know how I work with my staff." Marjorie said, pointing at Roger.
"And?" Roger said, crossing his arms.
"And? Seriously? You just met Janice months ago. Let me guess. She's younger. She's hot. We both know you like 'em like that. She's willing to defend you to keep her spot. I am not willing to kiss ass. Siobhan kissed your ass. All of us know that you treat that woman like shit, verbally and physically." Marjorie raised her voice.

Roger blinked really fast, his face going white. Reece was in the corner with a hand over his mouth.

"Damn. You confirmed it. The owner of the Knight nurseries is a wife beater. Imagine if word got out about that? How will that affect your ego? I've been under your contracts for 20 years. I know your games. Reece, Autumn, and Mia have all told me horrendous things about you. You keep fucking this up, and word will get out. You belittle women constantly, and I am not going to fall victim to that." Marjorie continued.
"Marjorie I—" Roger started.
"I'm not finished. Either you give me better pay, or even a spot on board of directors, or all of this gets leaked. And I'm assuming you know about the potential nursery takeover. By the way you just reacted, makes our job a hell of a lot easier. Do you get my drift?" Marjorie finished, crossing her arms.

Reece stood in shock at Marjorie. He looked over at his father's face and watched it turn pale.

"Fine." Roger started. "I'll give you a pay raise and you'll be on the board of directors."
"Was that so hard? You're already a millionaire. Put it to good use. Have a good day." Marjorie turned around and headed to the door.

Reece opened the door for Marjorie, making eye contact with Roger and shaking his head at him. Marjorie walked out of there, with a smile on her face.

"Gorgeous that was impressive." Reece said, still in shock.
"He deserves it." Marjorie sighed at Reece.
"That was so badass. Made me so much more attracted to you." Reece started getting flustered.

Marjorie and Reece walked back to the car. Marjorie was glowing with this new confidence from telling Roger off.

"That was just a fraction of what my villain era looked like." Marjorie smirked, pulling out of the parking lot.
"Damn. I know for a fact you would've torn me one like that if we met a few years earlier." Reece laughed. "I'm gonna call Aut. She's gonna freak."
"Don't. Have her come over. I want to see her reaction in person." Marjorie said, grabbing Reeces hand.
"Right, I'll send her a text." Reece smiled.

Reece sent Autumn a text and she agreed to come over, only if there was wine of course. As Marjorie was pulling in the driveway, she saw Autumn had beat them home.

"Big brother. Marjorie." Autumn said as the couple got out of the car.
"I just bought a new bottle of rose. It's inside waiting for us." Marjorie winked at Autumn.
"You know me so well." Autumn said, a small smile creeping on her face.

Autumn followed Marjorie into the house. Reece walked behind them. Marjorie grabbed the bottle of rose and three glasses.

"So what did you want to tell me that you had to see me in person?" Autumn asked, taking a glass from Marjorie.
"She tore our father a new one." Reece said before Marjorie could even speak. "Called him a wife beater and everything."

Autumn looked at Marjorie with a slight smile.

"Seriously?" Autumn asked.
"Sure did." Marjorie held up her glass for a toast. "Promoted me to board of directors and gave me a raise."
"Wow Marjorie. I'm proud." Autumn said, meeting her glass with Marjorie's.

The three spent the rest of the evening drinking and plotting what to do to make the nursery takeover official. They get interrupted by a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." Marjorie said, setting her glass down.

Marjorie opened the door and her face went pale.

"Siobhan?" Marjorie said.

————————————————————————

A/N - little cliffhanger for you tehe.
this will be a two parter by the way :)