CHAPTER ELEVEN

ACT ONE ; PART ELEVEN
"The Defeat of the Dragon"

Peace and quiet. That is something Ryu wanted after such an odd thing. Azrael was in their pocket dimension, knowing to leave him alone. He felt the wind following him. He knew it was Venti. He could hear the faint sound of the bard's lyre, but it was soothing.

Venti's presence was soothing.

Maybe he needed someone to talk to after such an odd thing.

He leaned back against the tree, glancing at the Statue of the Seven not far from his spot. It hummed soothingly; a sound picked up by Ryu's ears.

"My dear friend, why do you look so blue?" Venti had finally asked, dropping from his spot on the branches.

"Ah, I'm not really sad, per say," Ryu told him as he sat beside the taller male, letting him rest against his shoulder.

He thought about how to spin a tale. One that told Venti about his predicament, without truly telling him how he got here or how he knew all he knew in the first place.

"It's just... weird. This world is one I've been familiar with for years. I've been blessed by gods not of this world, and I've seen this world's future. But... there are things that aren't right. I've never heard of Morax having a mentor, nor did I hear about the Angel of Khaenri'ah."

Venti intertwined their fingers together. He knew Ryu needed an anchor, so he shall provide it.

"So how am I supposed to change what is set to happen?" he whispered. "How am I supposed to do what I have been sent here to do?"

If he isn't sure about what will happen, if he isn't certain about what will happen, what can he truly do?

"Perhaps whoever sent you here meant to let you live, for once," Venti told him. "It's obvious that you've had a hard life, whatever happened. Maybe whoever sent you here wanted you to be free. After all, everyone deserves freedom."

But...

"In my past life, before this, I've done many things," he whispered. Flashes of all he's done went through his mind.

"You liar!"

"P-Please stop-! It hurts..."

"Is that all I am to you?! A test subject?!"

"You fucking monster!"

"I'm... sorry..."

"Do I really deserve freedom?"

Two hands suddenly wrapped around him. Venti was hugging him. It... felt nice. When was the last time he had been hugged in such a comforting way?

Hesitantly, he hugged back, and tucked his head in Venti's neck, a bit teary eyed at the sudden reassurance

"I believe you do. It's clear you regret these things. These shackles of hardship are something you should break free from, my dear dragon. For now, let all your troubles wash away... and be swept away by the wind."

The wind picked up, and Ryu smiled. Perhaps he should focus on the present, rather than the past.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

The last thing Ryu expected to see at 2 AM in the morning while doing commissions was the Prince of the Abyss.

"Aren't you Lumine's brother?" he asked, looking at the ever so familiar blond standing in front of him. Behind the Prince was an Abyss Herald.