02; Soccer? How hilarious. - Jamie Peters

Some of this chapter is written by _OnceUponTheEnd , our newest recruit. We're hoping to have regular updates for you now!

[Jamie Peters]

It was a boring Friday afternoon and I was absolutely exhausted. This week had been a very long week. I've been driving myself crazy and wondering why all of a sudden the king of tennis wants to talk to someone like me.

He actually approached me before he went for his practice again, and he wanted to hold the conversation for longer if it weren't for Coach Marks, or should I say Cock Marks.. Hahaha.

I only say that because the guy was a major asshat, and though he was very good at leading the tennis team, he didn't like me. He didn't like how I just hang around the tennis court almost every practice. What's it to him? I'm only sketching, and these bleachers are for everyone!

However, the last thing I wanted to do was get reported to the principal, so as he told me off today, I quietly exited the tennis courts without hesitation and made my way to my locker so I could put my sketch pad inside.

Lexi approached me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "'Sup Jamie. What are you doing hanging here after school hours?"

Lexi didn't know I liked to hang behind school just to watch Xavier, I don't think anyone did. Only the people in Xavier's practice knew, but they don't care, so the word doesn't travel around.

Sometimes the cheerleaders would practice near the courts too because there was a big field and the gymnasium would be taken up by another after school programme like basketball, so they'd have no other choice but to practice outside. The cheerleaders weren't bad though, I wasn't disliked by them or anything, but it wasn't as if we were best friends either.

It was cool to watch them do awesome things like create a human pyramid and do a bunch of front flips, so I did sit closer to their practice sometimes so I could sketch them and genuinely amuse myself.

They were a lot more kinder than the jocks, so they'd approach me during the break and talk to me. They'd ask for my opinion on their routine and I'd naively just say that it looked incredible.

"Oh nothing, I just forgot my.. Sketchbook." I said, taking my sketchbook back out and stuffing it into my bag.

"Alright." She said, smiling. "I have swimming, so I need to go. See you tomorrow!"

"See ya." I said back and put my sketchbook back inside the locker once she was gone.

I shut the door and fixed the strap of my messenger bag before making my way towards the school gates. I caught sight of English lit teacher leaning against his car in the car park and smoking a cigarette. I didn't understand how people can smoke that death stick.

I waved to him and he waved back before standing upright and approaching me.

"How do you feel about an after school activity?" He asked. I cocked my brow and was perplexed at his words.

"Like what?"

"Your grades are amazing, Jamie, but I have high hopes for you to get into a brilliant college, so I'm suggesting for you to take part in sports. Something easy, like swimming, perhaps? Colleges like to see these things."