Chapter Thirteen (part one)

Jade and I were at home helping our mom prep for tonight's "festivities". Jade was inspecting the basement to make sure that it was escape proof and my mom was trying to get ahold of my dad. I on the other hand was in the backyard taking in the sunlight and enjoying the peace before the storm. My mom came out shortly and sat next to me holding a plate of raw steak making my mouth water.

"Still no dad?" I asked staring at the plate.

She shook her head and passed it over to me. I tore into it getting a couple specks of blood onto her face. Hell I even licked the plate clean before handing it back to her.

"He sent me straight to voicemail. But don't worry you'll be safe in there." She said stroking my hair back.

I nodded and we enjoyed the sound of the birds flying above us. Once the sun was beginning to set I headed down into the basement. Jade locked me into the cage while my mom stood back hand around her neck watching me concerned.

"I hate having to lock you up like... some animal." She choked.

"On the bright side you get the dog you've always wanted." Jade joked.

I gave them both a half smile and let Jade leave. My mom sat down on a stool and sighed staring at her phone no doubt hoping my dad was here to help. Shes never seen me change before because my dad and mom would have a truce to help me change. Usually when he's here he helps me through the transition so it's not as painful. He managed to get along with his other half so now he can shift whenever he wants. I on the other hand still have work to do and right now he was anxious to get out.

"Mom, can you please tell Jade the truth? It's killing her." I said.

"I'm just afraid that she'll never forgive me once I do." She said quietly.

"Well you never know unless you TRY!" I yelled the last part falling onto my side.

My mom rushed over to the cage reaching in to ask if I was okay and if I needed help. I growled reaching out nearly scratching her causing her to jump back. The last thing I remember before the change was the look of fear in her eyes as she watched her son turn into what she's learned to hate most.