thirty-three

I had to settle this. I leaned against a column while I let the cig sit on the edge of my lip to free my hands to type.

Y/N: what the fuck. you're gonna be like this? really

Dinah: I don't wanna be with you after you've been with HER. do not come by my class after school.

Y/N: we aren't together. stop acting like this

Dinah: we will talk about this tomorrow just give me a day to cool down and for you to take a shower.

Y/N: whatever.

I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and glared over to Harry.

"Something bothering you, love?" His voice was soft.

I nodded, "Just some drama." I took another inhale and thought for a second, "You still deal?"

He nodded, "But of course."

I took the cig out of my mouth and ashes the small bud onto the cement below. "Meet me after school at my
car."

"You have detention." Camila said uncomfortably. She's always hated me getting high.

I shrugged, "I can ditch one day."

Harry held out his hand, "The kid is back."

I met it and he pulled me up from the ground to sit beside him on a crate about four feet long.

--

It was the end of the school day and I was more than happy to go meet up with Harry at my car.

I threw my bag in the locker and slammed the door. I felt someone pull my shirt as I began walking away.

What the fuck is it with people grabbing this shirt? They're gonna stretch the damn fabric.

I turned to see Lauren with 'To Kill a Mockingbird' grasped in her hand and the other was perched on her hip, "Where are you running off to?"

I shrugged, "Skipping out on detention."

"Why?"

I looked back to make sure no one was around, "She saw me fucking Camila under the bleachers and got jealous. So, I have a meeting with my good friend, Harry."

"Please tell me this isn't sweet boy- drug dealer Harry." She whined, brushing her fingers through her long dark hair.

"In the flesh." I responded about to turn around but I was stopped by three other girls. "I guess the Mom brigade is assembled."

Ally glared at me, "Why do you always do this? You do so good and then those people bring you right back down to rock bottom."

I was annoyed. I've heard this lecture time and time again. I was not in the mood for another 'bad seed' sitcom moment.

I reached in my pocket to check for my keys. My eyes rolled so hard at them that I thought they could have fell out of my head, "Camila, are you still coming over or not?"

She frowned and looked over at the other girls for reassurance and shook her head.

"Fine." I pushed passed Normani and Ally to head out towards the student parking lot.

My car was in the middle of the boonies only because I don't like parking by too many kids. Sometimes this school can get sketchy and I don't want a bitch to ram into me.

Harry was leaning against the drivers door on his phone when he looked up and smiled with that cheeky dimple.

I ran to give him a hug as always. Such a good guy.

He reached in his pocket and I unlocked my car to start and shuffle through my console but he stopped me. "Woah woah woah. What are you doing?"

I pulled out $30 so I could get my regular. "Paying the dealer?" I laughed.

He shook his head and handed me the baggie with my two grams in it. "No need, kitten. This is just a welcome back gift. You've spent so much time with your popular girls, I'm just glad to see you get back on the grind." He held out his hand and I met it to grab the weed but he had a hold on me as a signal to look into his eyes, "I really mean it. It's been too long. Just remember you're always welcome in the crew."

He let go to walk away and I yelled out towards him, "I better be. I'm the one that started it."

--

"Where the fuck are my papers?!" I yelled out, completely aggravated that I couldn't find my rolling papers. It had been months since I'd smoked so there's no telling where they'd be. "Oh shit. I'm stupid." I finally remembered I put them in the desk of my drawer with my grinder.

I pulled out the chair of my desk to sit down and begin putting in work.

I know what you're thinking. 'Drugs are bad for you'. Well, fuck off. I like weed. So what? There's no deeper rhyme or reason. I just like being high.

Zane started me on this but I grew an absolute love for it.

The girls on the other hand saw it as a way of him 'changing me'. I don't mind.

I'm safe about it. I don't go out or drive. I don't text or call people first when I'm fucked up. I'm always smart about it.

I keep to myself.

If anything, I should be high all the time so id stay out of trouble for once.

After rolling up a few joints, I went to the kitchen to find the package of pocket lighters I had Zane buy me a while back. It had every color you could think of and it was a life saver because I always lost lighters.

I lit the end and breathed in at a pace so the weed would be able to be inhaled properly before returning to my room.

Soon one joint was gone and my room started getting smokey.

I turned on a small lamp at my desk before lighting the next joint.

My phone rang from my bed and I went over to see who it was.

Dinah. Why is she even calling?

I pressed 'accept' and spoke, "Hello?"

"Hey, can we talk?"

I looked down at the joint in my hand and quickly inhaled before replying, "You know what? Now isn't a good time. Maybe tomorrow."

"Is she there?" Her voice was soft and not angry like I would've expected it to be.

"Nope." I took another hit and held it in for a moment. "She as well as my other friends didn't agree with my choices so I don't think they're talking to me for today."

"Your choices?"

I blew out another lung full of smoke. Damn, I'm blowing through this joint like a pro. "Yeah, my choices. Maybe we can talk tomorrow or something. I'm actually about to order a pizza and just chill since I got off easy today."

"Are you high?" Dinah's voice exclaimed through the receiver.

"Well, I'm not drunk." I laughed. "But really I gotta call for some pizza. Love ya, Hansen. Biya!"

--

Thirty minutes, two sodas, and half a pizza later, someone was at my back door.

I had just lit another joint so I got super paranoid.

I walked to the back to see Dinah with her Gucci bag clutched to her side.

I unlocked the door hesitantly and saw her expression change completely from neutral to surprised.

"You look so fucked up."