Chapter 4 The Letter

It was early when Faith started her chores. She was careful to not wake her mother though, she almost wished her mother never woke up. She needed something to do to get her mind off that bizarre letter.

Why...? How...?

The only thing Faith got out of that letter was no matter how crazy her mom is, she was probably just as bad as "mother."

From what she could tell her mom was proud, rude, and just cruel. I mean why would you...? Just because...? Faith rolled her eyes in dismay. Either way the reason she was alone was because her mom was a coward.

It does mean though... Huh.

When Faith finished everything in the kitchen and lobby she went back to her room. She had a half hour more till people started to wake up and she got some breakfast. A simple bowl of cereal but the cereal was actually good. She ate what Mrs. Forester ate. Isn't it frosted flakes today?

Faith laid on her bed waiting for her favorite meal to come when she decided to read the letter again. It wouldn't do any harm since she read it already. She got up and walked to her dresser. This time though she took the letter back to her bed and read it more carefully.

To my daughter, Allerleirauh,

I know you have a lot of questions, but I don't have long to write this. My dear Captain will come down shortly and he can not know you exist, or what I am about to do.

I am your mother, known as Milah. Your father is Rumplestiltskin whom I have left because of his cowardliness. I feeling that I should mention you have a brother, Baelfire.

Currently me and Killian, my captain, are on land but we will sail soon and by than you will be in a far away land. It will probably be best for you. I will leave you some gifts though. Through out my journey I have obtained several trinkets that I will send with you. The first is a blanket made of furs from every animal imaginable. With a little magic you can make it into a beautiful coat, but for now it is disguised as a plain wool blanket. I will also send you 3 walnut shells, each holding a beautiful gown; one bright as the soon, one silvery as the moon, and the other as glittery as the stars. Only magic can open the shells.

I know you will wonder why I don't keep you. You were never really supposed to happen. You were conceived merely days before I last my "husband" and I didn't know about you myself till a month later. I don't want you to get in the way of me a Killian. I know you will hate me for saying this, but I really don't want you at all. So I am sending you away. Good-bye daughter.

Faith rolled her eyes. It just made sense that her real mom was just as bad as everyone else she knew. But it did make her curious about her father...

Faith shook her head. Her father was probably just some random guy that had a one night stand (she was never told any of the child hood stories of how babies came into the world. She was told the facts a couple years ago) with a total nut job and regretted it immediately afterwards. Faith put the letter back but took a moment to look at her small blanket and three shells. Yep. "Milah" was defiantly crazy. Besides, what kind of name was Allerleirauh? She couldn't even pronounce it! She closed the drawl when she heard her "mother" moving about upstairs. She headed out to start her dusting and vacuuming.