3. Months

3

Months later, I was sitting in the grass, leaning up against a tree when it suddenly became very windy and a helicopter landed right by the lake. I saved the page in my book and closed it, setting it down where I was sitting before waiting for the copter.

When the blades finally stopped and the door opened, the first person I saw step out was who I had been waiting to see for six months.

I waited day and night, wishing he would come back and visit. Just to see his smiling face again. My heart soared at the thought of it.

"Harry!" I yelled and ran towards him. He caught me in his arms when I jumped and hugged him. He laughed and I did too. "You're here, you're really here," I breathed out.

"Yes, I'm here. And I'm not going anywhere." He chuckled and set me down. I fixed the skirt of my dress before looking up at him.

"I have so many questions! Like what are you doing here, why are you here-"

Harry smirked at me. "Ce Ce, just shut up for a minute please."

I giggled. "I'm sorry! I'm just so excited to see you!"

Harry chuckled. "You wouldn't happen to have the kettle going, would you? I have to talk to you."

"Of course! I just need my book..." I ran over and grabbed it before walking back over and joining him on the walk to my house.

"Lovely," Harry murmured, looking around the room, and I smiled at him before setting my book on the table and fetching the kettle. I poured Harry and I both a cup of tea and sat down across from him.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked, my hands wrapped around my mug.

Harry took a minute to gather his thoughts before he began telling me. Carefully, might I add. "As you know, my work brings me all over the world." I nodded to show him I was paying attention, as if my wide eyes weren't enough.

Harry stumbled over his words, speaking quickly. "I-I want you to come work with me..." His fingers messed with the empty cup in front of him, and I was speechless.

"Wh-what?" I questioned, in utter disbelief.

"I want you to come work with me. We'd be co-workers traveling the world. Clarissa, you have a perfect record. If anybody could pass the tests, it would be you. But, I have to warn you. This job interview is just about the deadliest job interview you will ever face." He looked at me, looking over my face for any signs of emotions. All I could feel was excitement.

"Yes! It sounds awesome! But wait, what do you even do?" I asked, my head tilting to the side.

Harry chuckled. "I might as well tell you, shouldn't I. Well, I work for Kingsman."

My nose scrunched up in confusion. "You're a tailor?"

He chuckled again. "No, a Kingsman. A Secret Service agent."

My jaw dropped. "Is it like being a spy?!"

Harry shook his head, smiling. "You always know how to make me laugh. Yes, it's like being a spy. Your mother was one of us- extremely talented, might I add. I never met her personally but she was amazing. First female Kingsman as well."

I wanted him to tell me more. I barely knew anything about my mother. Dad didn't really tell me much about her. Just that they had been happy, really happy, together. And that she really loved me, but she died in a fire at work. That was it.

The look on Harry's face told me that he only knew a small amount of information, so I wouldn't pester him for it. I just sat in silence, taking in the information.