chapter 2

we arrived in new york city around 10 am, it shouldn't have taken that long but some idiot decided he needed to stop in the middle of the road to check his tires, but other then that our car ride was great. we parked the car in a parking lot for the day, so we can walk about and shop. we hit all the usual, typical stores, like urban outfitters, american apparel, brandy mellville, and tons of other places.

"hey can we get food from somewhere? shopping makes me hungry," kris asked.

malia responded, "ya sure! i think i saw a panera over by urban."

when we got into panera we all ordered and sat down to eat. it felt amazing to sit down since we've been walking basically the whole day. i finished my food before everyone else. i always finish my food before everyone else not that sure why. after, we all finished everyone made their way back to the parking lot where the car was. everyone felt like we did everything we wanted to in new york city, and that was shop.

our next couple stops were boston, montréal and toronto in canada, columbus, washington d.c., virginia beach, charleston, hilton head, savannah, and orlando.

in orlando we stopped at universal studios and disneyworld. i had never been before, my dad never wanted to go. whenever we went somewhere for vacation he wanted to go to a place where he could surf and paddleboard.

from orlando we made our way around florida hitting all the major cities, miami, naples, and panama city.

after florida we sorta just drove around in the south making our way to houston, texas. none of the places we stopped at were that interesting, just little diners and thrift shops.

we stopped at one diner in mississippi to get dinner, all malia's idea. just after we ordered i got up to go to the bathroom, but as i was getting up someone bumped into me. it was like in those cheesy movies were their eyes meet and they instantly fall in love. wrong. he dumped into me and kept on walking, didn't even stop to say sorry or ask if i was okay. me being the person i am accused him of it.

"hey, you in the ugly ass hawaiian shirt! i'm fine thanks you asking,  just might have a bruise on my hip but that's it no big deal at all!" i called out sarcastically.

he stopped and turned around to come back and talk to me. his hair was messy and looked like he had just woken up. typical. he had the most distinct blue eyes, with a little bit of green and grey, but they looked glassy. like something bad just happened.

<christian's pov>
i had to get out of this diner as quick as i could. i need to save myself from embarrassment. i still can't believe maddi just broke up with me. we've been dating for a good three years and i thought our relationship was just getting better. i could feel my eyes start to well up and my vision became blurry.

"i need to get out of here quickly," i thought to myself.

as i was walking out i bumped into some girl, i would usually stop and ask if she was okay, but i currently didn't want anyone to see the state i was in. i haven't been this sad since my dad left us when i was 7.

"hey, you in the ugly ass hawaiian shirt! i'm fine thanks you asking, just might have a bruise on my hip but that's it no big deal at all!" i heard someone say from behind me.

damn it! i was almost out the door!

as much as i wanted to just ignore her and walk out something in my back of head told me to turn around and talk to this girl.

i followed my instincts and turned around. when i looked up and saw her, not sure what her name was, but wow. those bright brown eyes that made something inside me light up and her cute little nose that had over a hundred freckles dotted on it and around her nose.

"o-oh, sorry about that. i'm sorta in a rush to get out of here, so if you wouldn't mind excusing me because i want to leave. not to be rude, but this isn't the best time," i explained stuttering to her trying not to my eye contact so she wouldn't notice my water filled eyes that were about to burst.

she quickly responded "really? something that bad happened that you can't take 5 seconds just to quickly say sorry. okay whatever! carry on with your life"

i hope i never have to see that rude, stuck up rich bitch ever again.

<cleo's pov>
god what a douche! i let him go and continue with whatever problem he was having. when i got back from the bathroom all the girls were asking what happened. like i didn't see this coming.

"cleo what the hell just happened back there?" leah asked.

"he was cute, but mean! did you get his number at all?" kris said quickly changing what she was gonna say when she saw me glaring.

elly defended me by saying, "i wonder what was wrong with him? he couldn't even quickly say sorry or are you fine."

"someone needs to learn some freaking manners geez!" kat exaggerated.

"next time make him pay for your food because that was rude" malia said to me not helping the situation.

i responded but didn't answer any of their questions that much, "let's just finish our food and head out on the road again"

i hope i never have to see that stuck up rich kid ever again.

but little did either of them know that would all change very soon.

------------------------------------------------------
authors note
i really hope more people are going to start reading this and i start writing more often and updating quicker.