New Kis- I mean kid.

-Zoey's POV

Beep, beep, beep. My alarm clock rang out, as I reached over and dismissed it. Getting out of bed and got into the shower. Once I got out and I went to my wardrobe and pulled out a black singlet with a hot pink crop top, and slipped on a pair of skinny jeans. Running back to the bathroom, I brushed my hair and pulled it into a tight french braid. Pulling on my black converse, I ran down the stairs. I gave my grandma a kiss on the cheek, grabbed my skate board, and walked outside and rode school.

On my way to school, someone stepped in front of me and I ran straight into them. We both fell and I landed on his lap. I looked up and I swear my insides melted. We got lost in each others eyes, I fell deeply into his light brown eyes. As I was lost I didn't realize how long we had been sitting there with him trapped under me. I hastily got up and brushed off, he copied my actions. We stood there for just a moment in silence, until he spoke.

"Hey, names Jai. Jai Brooks." He said with much confidence.

"Hi, my name is Zoey." I managed to stammer. "Sorry for hitting you."

"Its okay, I should have been watching." He replied.

I picked my skate board up and we started walking. Most of the walk was in silence, when we got to school we parted ways and I went to my locker to get my books. Now that I think about it, Ive never seen Jai here at school before. He must be a new kid. I wonder if we have any classes together. Wait, why am I thinking about him? I don't like him, do I? I don't know, but if I think about him right now I'll be late for class.

I started walking to English class, when I saw him standing at his locker. I walked past him and was almost past him when he spoke.

"Hey, you're Zoey, right?"

"Yeah. Jai? Right?

"Yeah. Um...I was wondering if you could show me to English?

"Sure. I was actually just headed to English."

"Awesome. So, um..I was wondering if I could have your number?

"Sure."

I grabbed a pen out of my bag, grabbed his hand and scribbled my number on his hand. "Text me later?" I asked as we started walking again.

"Well, now why would I ask for your number if I wasn't planning on texting you later?" He stated matter-of-factly.

"Hey now, it was only a question." I said as he chuckled.

We were currently standing by the classroom door. We walked in and spotted two open seats in the very back. We quickly walked to those seats and sat down. We passed notes the entire class. We didn't have another class until fifth period.

-Skip to fifth-

I met him at his locker and we walked to Math together. We were lucky and got two seats in the back together again. He slipped a note under my desk and I read it.

From Jai: Hey, you wanna come over today?

To Jai: Sure.

From Jai: Okay, you can just walk with me if ya like? : )

To Jai: That works.

From Jai: Okay, but be warned, I have two brothers that go home with me. So if they get all flirty with you push them off.

To Jai: What do you mean, 'flirty'?

From Jai: Well lets just be honest, you're hot.

The only guy, in my entire seventeen years of life, who has ever made me feel this way, just called me hot.

-Jai's POV

To Zoey: Well lets just be honest, you're hot. : )

I passed the note, and thought for a second if that was the right move. I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me. And trust me I definitely like her. She was reading the note and she looked a little indecisive. I saw her scribble something on the paper and she handed it back under the desk.

From Zoey: Thanks. : )

Just as I read the note the bell rang. We got up and she went to her locker and I went to mine. We are going to meet out front by the door. I walked out and waited on her. I needed to get her and Luke close enough that she will trust him enough to tell him if she likes me or not.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize she had walked out and I was just standing there like an idiot. She looked at me with those deep blue eyes. We both snapped out of it at the same time and started walking. We were almost half way there when Luke caught up to us.

"Hey, who's your friend?" He asked.

"I'm Zoey." She stated.

"Luke. I'm this idiot's brother."

I punched him playfully in the arm. We walked the rest of the way in silence. Kinda awkward. When we arrived home, Beau was sitting on the couch alone watching tv.

"Hey, who's the girl?"

"Zoey." She stated confidently.

"Oh! She speaks! I'm Beau." Beau said excitedly as he got up and greeted Zoey with a hug. Let's just say I was jealous.

She looked confused there for a second but eventually gave in and hugged him back. I really wanted a dang hug.

-Zoey's POV

We walked into Jai's ginormous house and I stood there in awe. It was literally gigantic. Beau and Luke were cool, but I need to know if Jai likes me. I'm gonna ask Luke. But we just met. Maybe later.

"Hey, wanna come up to my room?" Jai asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Um...sure." I said hesitantly.

"Okay, follow me." He said as we headed up the stairs and down the hall. He opened the door and ushered me in.

"So, what do you want to do?" He asked hesitantly.

"Whatever is fine." I said.

We sat on the bed and talked about absolutely nothing for about twenty minutes. Then we were just staring into each others eyes. We both started leaning in, our lips touched. The kiss deepened and our lips moved in sync.

"Ahem!"

We jumped apart and saw Luke standing in the door way.

(a/n) So guys, I hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter. Please try and keep in mind that this is my first book, so bear with me. Thats all for now, bye!! :)