ii. i will not tell lies

"and i'm telling you not
to chat with him at all.
discreetly or not."

ii

ii. I will not tell lies

EULALIA WALKED BESIDE SONNET AS SHE TALKED ON, AND ON. "And I— Lia." Sonnet stopped, realizing the girl wasn't listening, her gaze drifting around quietly as they walked through the corridors side by side. "Lia!" she repeated, her voice booming this time.

  Eulalia snapped out of her thoughts and turned to look at her. They had stopped in front of the Great Hall. The noise and bustle of students entering and chatting reached their ears, a stark contrast to the internal chaos Eulalia felt.

   "What?" Eulalia asked, her face a picture of confusion. She tucked a strand of her now curly hair behind her ear.

"Do you remember what Feigh said?" Sonnet asked, folding her arms as she leaned against the wall.

Eulalia nodded, staring blankly at her friend. "Well then?" Sonnet pressed, tapping her foot impatiently.

"Alright, fine. I wasn't listening," Eulalia admitted with a shrug, turning to walk into the Great Hall beside her.

"You always do this—" Sonnet began as she walked alongside her. But before she could finish, she caught the eye of one of the professors. "Blimey, can't catch a break," she muttered, immediately turning away and leaving Eulalia to continue to the Slytherin table alone.

Eulalia made her way to the table, hearing snippets of conversation and laughter. The familiar, almost comforting, sounds of Hogwarts filled the air. She slipped into her seat, looking around quietly. She didn't talk to many people in her house, so she was practically sitting alone until Draco and his cronies strutted into the Great Hall, practically surrounding her as they all found seats near or in front of her.

She rolled her eyes and ignored their presence, instead twirling her hair around her finger. Not too long later, Dumbledore stood to address the school.

"I beg a few moments of your attention, as I have a few start-of-term announcements," he began, his voice carrying effortlessly through the hall.

   "First off, our caretaker, the good Mr. Filch, has reminded me for what he says is the four-hundred and sixty-second time that he has an annually updated list of various banned items, usually introduced by our humour experts, Fred and George Weasley..." Fred and George stood and took a bow to the eruption of cheers and applause.

   Eulalia raised her eyebrows at the two boys before rolling her eyes, turning her attention back to Dumbledore. As the noise subsided, Dumbledore continued, "Which is posted in an extensive list on Mr. Filch's office door."