Chapter 1.1 Shen Ci: I, this big flower vase, is making money!

The summer web drama “Don’t Say Farewell” was a huge hit, bringing massive exposure to the diverse cast of main actors. Among them were award-winning film stars, promising newcomers fresh off their first successes, and even a flower vase actor with third-rate acting skills but top-tier looks.

Some of the most popular actors from the show were invited to record an episode for a variety show today.

Shen Ci was among them, and he was, in fact, that flower vase actor…

Shen “Flower vase” Ci sat in front of the makeup mirror, feeling rather disenchanted.

“Xiao Shen, you’re seriously the cutest boy I’ve ever seen!” The makeup artist exclaimed genuinely as she fixed Shen Ci’s hair.

The young man looked like a high school student. His full forehead, high and rounded nose bridge, and moist doe eyes were astonishingly beautiful. His facial features were delicate, and there was an undeniable charm and cuteness in his expression.

His cute appearance attracted countless fans, especially mom fans. Not only did he contribute significantly to the viewership of “Don’t Say Farewell”, but he also became one of the most popular actors in the show.

Shen Ci responded with a noncommittal “hmm” and didn’t shower the makeup artist with his usual sweet compliments.

Seeing Shen Ci’s gloomy mood, the makeup artist grew curious, “Xiao Shen, what’s wrong? You seem down.”

Shen Ci sighed deeply, “It’s a long story… Sis, can I take a nap first?”

“Sure, you should rest. Oh dear, your eyes are so swollen. Why are you so exhausted?” The makeup artist fretted, while Shen Ci numbly ignored her.

His mood was indeed terrible today, all because of a recurring dream he’d been having recently.

For an entire week, he had dreamt of a lengthy, complete story that felt like a novel, where he played a minor, cannon fodder character.

Shen Ci knew the real protagonists of the novel: one was his childhood friend and rising film star Shao Jinhuang, and the other was Bai Ziwei, a promising newcomer in the industry.

Both were the main male leads in “Don’t Say Farewell” and were present at the recording of the variety show.

What shocked Shen Ci the most was that the central plot of the novel revolved around the tumultuous, deep love story between Shao Jinhuang and Bai Ziwei.

For Shen Ci, who secretly loved Shao Jinhuang, this was nothing short of a nightmare!

In the end, Shao Jinhuang and Bai Ziwei went through countless trials and got their happy ending, while the side character Shen Ci met a rather insignificant fate.

Not only did Shen Ci, because he wanted Shao Jinhuan, the male lead’s love interest, lose all his family’s fortune, his various misdeeds were also exposed. In the end, it was revealed that he was a fake young master from the wealthy Shen family, and the real young master was actually Bai Ziwei… Shen Ci ended up with a fate of being homeless and missing.

He originally thought this was just his own imagination, but reality constantly and astonishingly coincided with his dreams.

From the ratings and subsequent news of ‘Don’t Say Farewell’ to everyone being notified to participate in this variety show… everything was exactly the same.

Shen Ci’s worldview was on the verge of collapse and it took him a long time to accept the fact: everyone in this world lived in a book, and everything was arranged clearly.