Chapter 32.2

The next day was scheduled for filming a public service advertisement, so Brother Zhang picked Shen Ci up early in the morning then headed to the XXTV building.

Shen Ci was in a daze in the car for a while before he barely woke up, listening to Brother Zhang telling him about his work schedule sleepily.

“After the New Year, you’ll have to record a variety show, starting around May or June, then during the gap…. how about trying a web drama with a campus setting? A sweet idol drama, it’s easy to act.”

Brother Zhang paused for a moment then added, “Oh right, Yang Ning is playing the male lead. The role offered to you is the female lead’s biological little brother, sort of the third male lead? The second male lead is a newcomer called Lin Wan.”

Shen Ci was jolted awake: “Wait, Brother Zhang, who did you say is playing the male lead?”

“Yang Ning.”

Shen Ci’s head was full of question marks: “He….. isn’t he a singer? He’s also an actor?”

Brother Zhang: “Who cares if he can act or not, they just want his popularity, and he wants the money, so it’s a perfect match. In a sweet idol drama, it doesn’t really matter.”

A professional singer-songwriter for more than ten years with no acting experience suddenly playing the male lead?

Yang Ning was really diving into a money pit. The quality of this drama, Shen Ci didn’t dare have any preconceptions about it.

Shen Ci’s face was full of black lines: “Really one dares to offer and the other dares to accept……”

“We’re here.” Brother Zhang slowed the car down and drove into the parking lot.

Hearing this, Shen Ci sat up straight subconsciously, tidied up his hair and straightened his clothes, then turned to look out the car window at the building before they entered the underground parking lot.

Although he had been here before as an advertising client with his father, this was his first time here for his own career, making Shen Ci unable to help but feel a little excited.

Brother Zhang, familiar with the place, parked the car and then led Shen Ci through the elevator to the filming floor.

And as soon as the elevator doors opened, they were greeted with a hive of activity. The staff were bustling back and forth, and there were many celebrities wearing sunglasses who had just arrived with their assistants.

Shen Ci: “!!!”

The female star who had just passed by him seemed to be Jiang Shu, a renowned actress that Wei Shuo particularly liked!

People of their age group generally grew up watching TV dramas starring Jiang Shu, and although she had gone somewhat quiet in recent years, her national recognition was still remarkably high.

He hadn’t expected to run into this kind of big star.

Brother Zhang found it amusing: “Look at you, your eyes are practically glued over.”

Shen Ci was starstruck: “Brother Zhang, I can’t believe I get to film a commercial with such a big shot.”

Brother Zhang, putting an arm around his shoulder and leading him to the makeup room, laughed: “Then strive to be someone that the younger generation will say the same about when they see you.”

The styling for the public service advertisement wasn’t too fancy or complex. Shen Ci’s makeup was light, and he was dressed simply in a white sweatshirt, exuding the fresh and lively vibe of a neighborhood little brother. He was ready in no time.