This Head I Hold:Jive (Chapter 2)

Chapter 2

~This Head I Hold:Jive~

'Val's POV'

I slipped into my car and pulled out my phone as I put the key in the ignition. I quickly typed out a text to Zendaya.

To Zendaya: Starbucks on Sunset in 10?

My phone buzzed as her reply came through.

To Val: See ya there :p

I smiled involuntarily as I read the message. For some reason, I've been having these weird feelings about her. I don't understand why though, she's only 17. I have to keep reminding myself of this.

******************

Zendaya turned the corner and I grinned and stood to greet her. She was wearing a green dress and black heels with a pattern on the back. She looked absolutely exquisite.

"Hey Zendaya." I smiled pulling her into a hug as she reached me.

"How's it going?" She asked with an easy smile.

"It's going good. I'm excited about taking you to see the kids. You are quite popular around there." I said chuckling.

We walked into the Starbucks and ordered our drinks as we talked. "I'm excited about taking you to the KCA's. It's a fun experience." She commented.

"I can't wait." I said truthfully.

As we walked I watched her out of the corner of my eye. How is it possible that I can be attracted to someone so much younger than me? I feel like it shouldn't be okay, but I already really like her and she was so beautiful during our first dance.

We walked through the hospital doors and we were instantly greeted with paparazzi. The flashes from their cameras were so blinding. I grabbed Zendaya's hand and pulled her through the crowd of paps.

As we got onto the elevator she gently pulled her hand out of mine. "You okay?" I asked watching her reaction.

She laughed, "Yeah, thanks for that. I usually have to fend them off on my own."

I frowned, "Do they harass you when you're alone?"

We stepped off of the elevator and she shook her head, "Not usually, I'm pretty compliant. I talk to them, answer their questions, and pose for pictures... I don't give them a reason to not like me or harass me." She shrugged.

It's like she doesn't know that it's kind of impossible to not like her. I've known her for a couple of weeks now and I have not found one bad quality in her.

We walked up to the nurse's station and Amanda, the charge nurse, grinned when she saw me. "Val! The kids are SO excited to meet Zendaya. We let them watch on Monday and Tuesday. You guys are an amazing couple, the chemistry was ridiculous."

I glanced at Zendaya and smiled to myself at the blush that rose on her cheeks as she smiled and thanked Amanda. As we went room to room visiting the kids I couldn't help but be amazed at how great Zendaya was with the kids. They all adored her and she treated them so special, they were all so much happier after talking to her.

We were there for quite awhile before we had to go to rehearsals. As I walked her to her car she smiled at me, "Thank you so much for that, it was amazing."

You're amazing. I bit my tongue and smiled, "I'm glad you enjoyed it, I love going there, I always leave happy. Those kids are remarkable."

She smiled to herself and nodded. "This is me." She said walking up to her black Escalade.