Chapter 4

A/N: I'd like to thank anyone who took the time to read this!!!

Comment if you like it or don't like it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Something soft and plushy landed on my face, immediately causing me to swing my hand out trying to bat away the object. The object soon released it’s weight off of me as I sighed relieved. It soon arrived back in my face at full force, ending up with me madly swinging about and landing rather unceremoniously on the floor, as the room erupted into laughter. Squinting at the sun that gingerly shone through the window, I looked around about me, noticing Louise kneeling over me, holding the dangerous, murderous, weapon-(a pillow), a large smile on her face.

“Come on, we’ve got to go, I thought I’d wake you up this time.” Somehow I liked it better when she didn’t bother me in… freaking 5 AM in the morning?! Staring at the watch on Louise’s hand as I shot her an alarmed look, which she returned with a smug one of her own, while she bombarded me with a pair of sweats and a green top, topped off with a pair of sneakers landing on a very groggy me.

“What…the hell…is…going on?” I asked between several poorly suppressed yawns that gushed out of my mouth. Some girls walked out, chatting excitedly about how one of them and Eric would look so great together. For a moment my blood boiled slightly causing me to emit a low, barely audible growl.

“Autumn? Are you listening?” I need  to rid my head of stupid un-needed jealous thoughts- no I’m not jealous! Stupid voice in my head! I nodded attentively at Louise. “Well, due to ‘incidents’ at the pond, we can’t go back there.” I knew exactly what ‘incidents’ she was talking about. But we’re going to freaking roast like chickens and potatoes out here- chicken and potatoes mmmm… “Autumn, stop drooling.” Right pay attention, Autumn! “So we’re doing something else but it’s a surprise or something, we have to go. Now!”

Hurrying into my clothes and doing our usual morning routines- brushing our hair, looking more human, thinking about me as a future ninja…blah, blah, blah- we headed outside joining the large assembly of teenagers.

Mrs. Howards was standing in front, we arrived just as she started to speak. “It’s extremely hot today, but we can’t go back to the pond because of certain reasons.” At this she stopped and eyed the culprits while everyone else groaned. “But don’t be disheartened, I wouldn’t leave you out in the sun to cook and roast and fry and burn and-“ We eyed her wearily while Chris cleared his throat snapping her out of her deranged, fanciful, fantasizes.

“We will be splitting into two groups, the girls and the boys, each group will have at least 50-100 water balloons to start with, you can send out small troops to abduct more water balloons from the other team. But once you’ve been hit you’re out, I will be rotating around the groups checking. The group with the most people not out by midday wins. The losers have to spend a night in the woods, while the winners get to… re-decorate the others’ cabin, of course the losing team has to clean up though.” When she said ‘re-decorate’ she implied trash, we didn’t even get our stuff out of our cabins, which mean the guys can get in our bags! Damn we can’t lose!

We quickly split off into the woods, holding a few buckets of water balloons, everyone chatting excitedly. Let the fun begin. We all huddled together, discussing what to do. We ended up splitting up into a three groups. Group 1 would be defense, protecting our balloons. Group 2 would be attack, they would throwing the balloons. Finally Group 3, the one I’m in, would be team sneak-over-to-the-other-team-and-get-their-water-balloons-team, (wow there was a lot of team in that).

We waited a few seconds dividing up into our positions; waiting. Suddenly a shrill whistle whipped through the air. That’s it, go, go, go! I hurried forward in the direction of the other team, (who had so cleverly made a war cry and charged like idiots), ducking behind trees as the onslaught of water balloons thudded against my ear drums. I winced as I heard a few of the girls go down, but continued forwards. Group 3 quickly arrived at a clearing with a good view of the opposing team, I frowned as I counted five people missing, damn!