THE RISE OF THE NERDS!

Ever since it became cool to be a nerd it was hard to categorize yourself as one if you were one or not. Now I would walk around school with the popular chicks wearing shirts that claimed that they were nerds. All I could do was laugh in my head. If I would have just laughed randomly I would have people question my sanity.

Stupid movies showed everyone how cool it was to be a nerd and now every real nerd had their title stolen by the cool people. Do you see my problem?

Probably not. You just think that I'm overreacting and I might be but a title is everything. Is it not? A title gives people  a glimpse at what they are getting themselves into before they even talk to a group of people.

So without the nerd title as an option we usually are categorized as geeks. Which I guess we were but I feel as though nerd just covers us better. It covers the fact that we're smart, misunderstood,and are into things like Doctor Who, Harry Potter and stuff like that.

Now that I believe you have a better understanding of my "problem" I think we should move along.

____________________________________________

Oh.

I almost forgot.

Since I'm going to be narrating the story I think you should know my name...

My name's Wolf...

I would shake your hand but you're reading this so back to the story.

____________________________________________

As well as having the Geek title we thought of ourselves as the welcome committee of our school, because if they didn't look they would fit in with the cool people we would "adopt" them into our group.

So sometime in November Helm Ridge High School had a new student named New York. Like the city. She told me her mother always wanted to go to New York  to be a ballet dancer but could never afford it.