iv.

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚋𝚛𝚊 𝚔𝚊𝚒

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛
𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚋𝚛𝚊 𝚔𝚊𝚒

"WHY'D SENSEI TAKE BOTH OF US, I'M genuinely so confused." valentina said as she and tory followed their sensei into a dojo. she had never seen it before, and this was taking up their practice time.

"something about taking more ground. i don't know." tory said. the rest of the team followed, them entering the dojo with their main sensei and their new one, sensei kim.

valentina thought she was cool, and that she would push her to be her best. she was excited for the new era of the dojo, and once again she would be there to witness it.

"that was a fabulous kick devon, but remember we're all friends here." the sensei said to a girl when cobra kai walked in.

"so watch that aggression okay?"

valentina remembered her, she had attended eagle fans and went against her in the all valley. obviously valentina won, and she knew if her and devon were on the same side now there was going to be some tension.

"i thought she fought perfectly." silver said as they all entered. the sensei turned, and devon and valentina made an awkward eye contact.

"terry, so good to see you."

"class, gather round, please. i have a bittersweet announcement to make." the sensei said as the class stopped fighting.

"sensei terry silver has made me a very generous offer, and i'm proud to say topanga karate is now under new management. we're thrilled to be part of the cobra kai family." he continued.

"thank you, sensei rosenthal." silver spoke. "i'm sure you're wondering what this means for the future of your dojo. yes, there will be some changes. all for the better." silver announced.

"i hope you don't mind your dues getting cheaper. you'll be given a new sensei. for today, sensei kim and sensei hyan-woo." silver sid.

"you're replacing me, terry? this wasn't the deal we made at shabbat services." the sensei said as he walked confused.

"topanga karate has spent the last few years taking losses left and right." silver ignored him.

"that ends today. my new senseis will be molding you all into winners, just like our own all valley tournament champion, tory nichols." silver said turning to tory as she stepped forward.

"if you wanna be taught by the best of the best, step up and take a gi from sensei odell." sensei said as sensei odell opened a box with gi's in it.

"if you wanna quit, then at least take a complimentary thermos from sensei bacaria, as my gift to you."

as silver said that all the members of the dojo walked over to sensei odell excitedly, taking a dojo out of the box. valentina watched devon linger behind as she hesitated to take a gi.

"class is yours. nichols, monroe, you're with me." silver said after talking to the sensei, beginning to leave the dojo.

"no. your champions stay here." sensei kim said before tory and valentina could move.

"champion? oh no that's just tory." valentina said. "what for?" tory asked.

"i need to see who the best fighters are in this dojo. you will help me test them." sensei kim said looking between the girls.

"yes, sensei." tory and valentina said, after getting an approving look from their main sensei.

-

devon was the only person still in her topanga karate gi, making her blue shine brightly against the cobra kai black.

the students were in pairs, practicing the common sensei kim instructed them to do. valentina and tory walked around the room, checking their form, and making sure they were actually working.

valentina walked through devon's row after helping someone, and devon immediately gave her a remark. "keep walking."

valentina scoffed, turning to devon. "fine. but you'll break your hand if you hit someone like that."

"i know what i'm doing." devon said. "do you? then hit me." valentina challenged.

devon sighed, turning towards the girl who was younger than her. she jabbed at her, and valentina caught her hand "wrong."

valentina walked to the dummy devon was using, doing the jab correctly to its neck.

"keep the side of your hand sharp, like a knife. hence knife strike." valentine said, crossing her arms.

devon tried it again, turning to the blonde when she was done. "better. not by much." valentina shrugged.

she then looked devon up and down, looking at her topanga gi. "why are you still in that gi? don't think you have what it takes to join cobra kai?"

"i'm still deciding whether your dojo has what it takes to earn me as a student." devon said.

valentina scoffed, laughing. "guess you forgot who kicked your ass at the tournament. i wasn't the one whining like a little baby on the mat. which is very ironic considering i'm older than you." valentina said.

"please. that ref was blind." devon said. "he gave you a point when i was out of bounds."

" so why are you still here?" valentine said. "my mom always said-"

devon stopped speaking, and valentine moved out her face a bit. "the only way you really lose is by giving up."

"sounds like smart woman." valentina said. "she was." devon said, looking away.

"i'm sorry." valentina said quietly. "for what? you didn't do anything." devon said

"i'd love to kick cancer's ass though."

valentina nodded, scratching her arm. "yeah. i know how you feel." she said thinking about her grandfather.

"but you have to take all that anger and put it into your fist." valentina said.

devon nodded, and devon striked the dummy again. valentina smiled, seeing her improve.

"stop!" sensei kim yelled in korean. "i have seen enough. you have used your strength to train each other. now you will use your strength against each other." sensei kim said

"monroe, get them ready."

nayah speaks !!

what's up..