The Call

You sat spinning on your office chair. You had been doing this for the last five minutes because you had nothing better to do after proving that the recent email sent to you regarding the current case you was on had been a fake. You guessed that the sender wanted to seem to be a hero as they were "helping" you to solve the case, however they were in fact wasting your time. The case you had assigned yourself wasn't going to be that easy to solve you needed many pieces of evidence not just one fake email which someone had decided to send you. You didn't understand the human race they were just out to waste your time but at least they gave you a job with all their stupidness. They seemed to like killing each other and so you got your job in investigating their deaths. You sighed to yourself. The human race is stupid.

The case you was on at the moment was the Kira case. The name even made you shiver since the evil murderer had killed your parents. They were innocents. He had just killed them to make a point.

You stopped spinning and typed up a report on the computer about what you had found out about the case so far. You had inferred that Kira was in Japan thanks to that TV report done by the world famous L. Boy you wished you was as good as him. He was your idol. Your role model. Also you had guessed that Kira was childish and hated to lose because each time someone got anywhere in the case at hand they were killed. And finally you guessed that Kira needed a name and face to kill considering he hadn't been able to kill L yet and he probably wanted him dead most of all.

Your phone suddenly sprung into life.
"Hello," you said into the phone.
"Good evening. My name is Ryuzaki."
"L," you mumbled under your breath. He had been using that alias for some time now.
"Yes, I am L and you are (your alias)"
"Yes I am," you weren't surprised he knew your name he was the worlds top detective,"what business do you have with me?" You asked politely.
"I have come to offer some help in the case you are investigating. I have to say your story is touching and I am very sorry for your loss," replied L. He seemed to know all about your life story (which is slightly creepy but he is L).
"Thank you," you said your voice cracking slightly and tears stinging your eyes.
"Er... How about the offer?" L said awkwardly.
"I would be ever so grateful," you said.
"How about we meet at the Kira Headquarters."
"Really?" You said in disbelief.
"Yes. I will send a car to your headquarters at 9 tomorrow morning. You will know it when you see it I am 90% certain," he replied.
"Thank you," you whispered down the phone. He hung up the phone. You felt like the luckiest detective in the world.
No.
You felt like the luckiest GIRL in the world.