Habits

"Are you all right you have been staring at me for the last two minutes?" L asked.
"Er... Yeah," you say snapping at of your daydream, "I was just thinking about the Kira case and the evidence we have so far." What a stupid excuse he'll see right through it he is the worlds top detectives you thought to yourself.
"No, that's perfectly reasonable," he said.
Was he putting on a disguise or was he that socially inept that he had no idea you contemplated to yourself.
L got up and moved to another chair to check on another monitor bringing his knees up to his chest.
"Do you always sit like that?" You asked suddenly intrigued.
"Yes. If I don't then my deductive ability decreases by 40%," he explained sucking on a lollipop he had produced from his pocket.
"Why do eat so much sugar?" You asked. It wasn't particularly healthy.
L seemed to think for awhile before he answered you. "Maybe because I feel so bitter that every bite I take needs to be sweetened. I remember every face of every victim that has had their life cruelly and prematurely ended. I remember the agony on their faces and the grief on those who loved them. I remember all of this but people still describe me as a sociopath and say that I rejoice in the death of others. This is why I feel so bitter because no understands me. No one understands L." He suddenly became very sad and stopped sucking on his lollipop.

You felt so sorry for L. You had heard rumours about him. People whispering things about him that you now knew were not true. He looked so sad and defeated sitting in the office chair starring at his feet. You couldn't help yourself. You got up from where you was sitting, walked over to L and gave him a hug.

His body tensed under your gentle grip but then he relaxed into your arms as if relieving a weight from his chest that had been brewing for years. Hugs solve everything. Right?

At that moment two people entered the room, Light and Misa. You heard Misa gasp. "Ryuzaki's got a girlfriend! Oh your so cute together! You should come on a date with me and Light! Oh you would love it! Please please please!"

You let go of L and at that moment had a strong urge to punch the bubbly, annoying blonde in the face.
"Light please could you get Misa to shut up," L said.
"I wish I could," Light said earning a death glare from Misa.
"But you love me lots Light you don't get tried of me do you, Light?" Misa said.
Light just rolled his eyes. Just looking at him made a shiver run down your spine. There was something not quite right with him.
"(your alias) and I are not in a relationship of any sort she is just coming to help us with the Kira Investigation and will now be staying at the headquarters with us," L explained, " all her belongings are actually already here waiting in her room for her."
"I can stay here! Thank you Ryuzaki! You exclaimed.
He nodded, "your room is the one above mine."
"Awww," Misa said. You flashed a death glare at her reminding her you would quite happily kick her in the shins if she didn't shut up about the relationship thing. You had no feelings for L. You were sure.

You thought you were sure...